Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Honda Pilot EX and really want to find a decent Android Audio replacement. Best Buy has "free installation" (not sure if there are hidden costs). Are there any downsides to replacing the stock unit? Will I lose my rearview and sideview cameras? Anything to look out for?

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You should be able to keep your backup camera. Depending on the model, you might keep the LaneWatch. The main disadvantage is that you lose all of the settings that can be changed. Have you considered a newer 17+ black box to swap in to get Carplay/Android Auto?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to keep your backup camera. Depending on the model, you might keep the LaneWatch. The main disadvantage is that you lose all of the settings that can be changed.
What settings?

Have you considered a newer 17+ black box to swap in to get Carplay/Android Auto?
Probably a stupid question, but what is this black box (my Google skills are failing me)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Settings as in which doors unlock when, backup camera guidelines, auto door lock and unlock, etc. Everything within the Settings app on the screen.

The black box is the actual computer part of the radio. You can replace it with one that has CarPlay/AA without replacing the physical screen. There are threads. Just search “2017 pilot black box”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts