Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The H in the middle of my steering wheel is looking a little worn and faded. I have looked up several threads about this, but all of the links to replacement emblems are dead. When I search on eBay, I can't seem to find anything. I was wondering if anyone has done this and could suggest where to find a replacement. I am not opposed to trying a junkyard for a less worn emblem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,959 Posts
There is an airbag behind it so that emblem is likely embedded into the assembly. If it were a separate piece bad things would happen were the airbag to deploy.

You might have to break out the masking tape and model paint to refresh the emblem.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Same problem here. Turns off chicks, too. (OK, the wife didn't fail to notice it and point it out.)

However, every time I start to search on eBay or Amazon or whatnot, all I'm able to find are red JDM ones (too douchey), gold ones (too Trumpy), or ones where I can't be sure about the size.

I'm sure I could walk into a dealership and pay full price for one, but there's a limit even to my level of OCD.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Simple..go to the automotive store grab from fine sand paper and good quality paint tape i use the green one they call it frog or something . Purchase a can of chrome paint and restore it that way .. they are just chrome painted if they were real chrome parts this would be a Mercedes.

plplplpl : same setup I changed mine to a green background on the logo since my ride is black ... so you can do any colour you like

1 - 4 of 4 Posts