Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working with a specialty shop to upgrade the stereo/cd player in my 2003 Pilot EX-L/Navi. Got a new Clarion unit installed, works great, but they haven't (despite their promises to the contrary) managed to get the audio from the Navigation system hooked back into the audio system. Have tried a few harnesses, etc., and even considered wiring the Navigation system to an independent amplifier/speaker, but haven't yet come up with anything that works. Anyone have any ideas how to work around this?

Also, any specs/diagrams on the wiring of the navigation system or stereo system in the 2003 EX-L/Navi would also be helpful.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
You might want to talk to jimburgia who made a similar mod and got the voice navigation working (see his post here).

·
Registered
3 Posts
you will need alpine kax-551n to route the voice. It's an amplified speaker for use with Alpine NAV, but it will work in your case. Just get the sinal comming from your nav and attach rca jack to it, then plug it in the KAX-551n.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Photos

Do you have any photos? I am looking at doing the same and would like to see what you did.

Thanks

Jeremy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
Do a search in odyclub.com, that is where I got my diagram. I've have mine for a while and I cannot remember the wire color.

·
Registered
605 Posts
mje715 said:

Also, any specs/diagrams on the wiring of the navigation system or stereo system in the 2003 EX-L/Navi would also be helpful.

Thanks.
I posted the service manual pages showing the connectors on the back of the head unit and what they are used for here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts