1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Touring / 2004 EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all! First time poster in Maryland
I own 2 Honda Pilots: 2004 EX and a 2011 Touring

I was wondering if I can replace the navigation in a 2004 EX w/ Nav with a aftermarket double din radio? Are the connections the same or would I have to run wires from where the actual radio is to the existing navigation spot? I don’t use the navigation anymore and I like the position of the navigation for the new touch screen radio rather than the existing radio spot. I’m guessing I have to disconnect the OEM radio also.

I want to install this
Double Din Car Stereo Touch Screen 7 Inch Car Audio Receiver, FM Radio Bluetooth Video Car Entertainment Multimedia Support Phone Mirror Link/USB/SD/AUX, Hands Free Calling MP5 Player with Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M96QN3R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_OS11FbXBJAGEH

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,313 Posts
That's been done many many times here. Several examples in the audio section. People installed Pioneer Evic, and many other brands, models. Go to www.crutchfield.com to see whats possible

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,193 Posts
And note that you'll lose the factory subwoofer.

Also, I don't think their illustration is to scale with the hand.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Those supercheap units... I would not expect much. Spend at least $200, get something with proper Android Auto/Apple Carplay support.

Yes, you can put a double-DIN aftermarket head in place of the nav unit. When you connect the harness that comes with new head to the Metra Honda harness, you might need to get some extra wires and make the harness longer. You can either leave the old audio unit in - disconnected - or you can take it out and look for the parts that LX/EX has in its place. (A storage pocket and a coin 'drawer' - You can see the picture here)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts