Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
i am read the post twice..still lost..could someone please define the problem you all trying to solve. From what i am getting is there is a certain map light feature in Elite that we are trying to put in the lower models ? or is this a an issue with replacing the interior factory original lights with LED bulbs ?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
For people that upgraded their interior halogen lights to LEDs which was more white then yellow, we wanted to change the map light to the more white color too. From taking apart the map light there was no replaceable lights in there to make the interior lights all consistent.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I removed the lens easily. Make sure to use a rag to avoid scratching. There are no screws behind the lens. There are two within the sunglass holder area. Where are the other two?

·
Registered
14 Posts
LED lights are soldered

For the map light, you can't remove them without desoldering the circuit board. I tried opening the unit and there's no bulbs to remove.
This is true. I took mine apart as well. Barely got it back together after finding out they are little leds soldered onto the circuit board. Annoying Bc the rest of my lights are blue inside. I replaced every other light inside except those two dumb bulbs.
exterior leds for both fog and reverse lights too.
I have 2 elites-a 16 and a 20.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would like to thank the OP and those who contributed to this thread. Yesterday, while replacing the dome light bulbs with LEDs in our Pilot, I was looking to do the map lights as well. I found this thread this morning while researching how to access the bulbs. Now I know I can’t change them. I know this is going to ping my OCD, since I was trying to match the ambient lighting feel of the blue lights in the Elite by installing Ice Blue LEDs where the factory installed incandescent bulbs.

21Elite

21 - 25 of 25 Posts