Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Removing top map light for Elite

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of the location to pry. But you should use a small flat top and pry on the front side between the lens and plastic trim. You'll see it slide down and then you can pry the sides. There are no screws to remove although there are two above the sunglass holder, ignore them.

Unfortunately the bulbs is not easily accessible. I'm sure you can remove all the screws and tabs but I didn't want to mess with it.

Edit: Included prying area and picture of the lens. It's LED and they are soldered in.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of the location to pry. But you should use a small flat top and pry on the front side between the lens and plastic trim. You'll see it slide down and then you can pry the sides. There are no screws to remove although there are two above the sunglass holder, ignore them.

Unfortunately the bulbs is not easily accessible. I'm sure you can remove all the screws and tabs but I didn't want to mess with it.
It looks like it is a sealed bulb. There is no way to get to the actual bulb housing that I could find. If anyone else attempts to disassemble the overhead console housing can you please provide pictures?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd be interested too. Thinking about getting an EX w/sensing and then installing the auto dimming Day/Night rear view mirror.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LED lights are soldered

For the map light, you can't remove them without desoldering the circuit board. I tried opening the unit and there's no bulbs to remove.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
When you reinstalled the top console back into the headliner did it sit flush? I removed the top console on 2013 focus to do a similar mod and I couldn't get the top console to ever sit flush with the headliner again. It was something that only I could notice but it bothered the hell out of me.

Don't want to remove the overhead console on the pilot if I'm gonna have a similar issue

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It set back flush. Make sure it sits flush first before you tighten the four screws.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Damn... Just discovered this post ... SMH pretty disappointed that they would put these proprietary LEDs in here and not color match. it appears both are LED, but one looks halogen and the other looks LED. Should've taken a photo, but now I'm just mad because every other bulb is LED except these darn map lights, well half of them lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Damn, that sucks that they're soldered to the board. Thanks for your tips on these. I'll get them all except for these two yellow front ones. Maybe someday if I'm feeling more adventurous I'll go for the ones on the board. The car is still too new to get that deep into it yet.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It's fairly easy there. I think the glove compartment was the issue. Someone wrote that replacing the bulb was a chore there. In the center you simply pull out the circle plastic piece that houses the light bar. In there you will be the bulb attached to its wire. I haven't replaced mine because I'm waiting on a led 2 pack. Don't want to buy 10 to get the job done.

·
Registered
508 Posts
It's fairly easy there. I think the glove compartment was the issue. Someone wrote that replacing the bulb was a chore there. In the center you simply pull out the circle plastic piece that houses the light bar. In there you will be the bulb attached to its wire. I haven't replaced mine because I'm waiting on a led 2 pack. Don't want to buy 10 to get the job done.
Thats nice to know. I know can look on a post but do u have the link to the bulb for the glove box?? What about the bulb in the console??.Isnt it hard to do?.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
From what I've seen taking it apart, these are the type of bulbs you need. The caveat is that I'm not sure they provide the lumens we need, also the 10 pack is over the top.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I pulled the black circle out, but unsure how to remove the bulb from the wire.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The bulb is a twist lock. I guess gently try a counterclockwise turn with a needle nose plier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Top console removal

It set back flush. Make sure it sits flush first before you tighten the four screws.

Up above you say to ignore the screws in the sunglass holder. Where are the four screws you are referring to here?

Thanks in advance. I'm a refugee from the Ridgeline forum trying to figure out how to wire a radar detector in a 2017 Ridgeline.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did you remove the housing using a flat head screwdriver between the housing and the ceiling liner? How does it reattach? Just it straight back and it will hold flush?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts