Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hard time removing the rear light assembly to install some LEDs. The instruction says to pull stright back. However, it just won't come out.

Let me know if there is a trick to it if you've done this before.

Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Did you remove those 2 screws?I'm fixing to install the taillight guards so let me know how you take them out.Or I'll find out and let you know.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Carefully

You have to pry between the lens and the body at the forward outer edge.

First remove the screws, the you want to move the assembly STRAIT back off two pints that hold the outer edge.

I was able to do it, but was shure I was going to break something.
(Lucky for me, it was fine)

If you are putting in LED taillights, look at some of the MDX postings.
The reflectors and lenses use the light comming off the sides of the bulbs. Most peole seem to feel the LED replacements are not as good as bulbs.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I did it!

Ok,here is how(if you haven't done it)
First,remove those 2 screws.After that,you'll be able to insert your hand in, to have a good grip on the top and bottom of the light then pull it (hard) straight out,the reason it's so hard to come off is because there is glue or pain(yellow color)in them things(you know what I'm talking about).I did it for this,what you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Re: I did it!

baoloclamdong said:
First,remove those 2 screws.After that,you'll be able to insert your hand in, to have a good grip on the top and bottom of the light then pull it (hard) straight out,the reason it's so hard to come off is because there is glue or pain(yellow color)in them things(you know what I'm talking about).I did it for this,what you think?
And I don't know what the heck I 've done to this ..

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
baoloclamdong said:

Hey Kemosable,where have you been?
It's about 1 and a half clearance.
I've been riding off into the sunset with my faithful companion, Tonto... no, actually, I've been around! Been posting here and there about once a day.

1 and a half, eh? Not bad, not bad at all. However, that GREEN has to go!!!! Yikes!!! :eek:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Re: I did it!

baoloclamdong said:
Looks cool. Are those OE tail lights or have you found clear replacements?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts