Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to access the heater/ac control unit and need advice on how to remove the trim that surrounds this control unit.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best how-to videos I've seen for that are by the folks at GTA Car Kits.

Thank you for your response, however, we are trying to remove and replace the heater/ac control unit. As shown in the photo, we have removed the side trim pieces. However, the trim piece that I am pointing to in the picture in my original post, we have been totally unable to remove. The assembly of this piece seems to be particular to the 2008 pilot.

Any assistance on this item would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I see what you mean. I would think there are two options, the first trying to remove it directly it with a trim removal tool, being careful not to break any clips.

However, being cautious by nature when it comes to plastic trim, I'd just start step by step like he does in the first video, since it appears that you need to remove some pieces, starting with the part above the instrument panel, in order to remove other parts without breaking them. Even so, he says some parts can be hard and tricky, so I would use a trim removal tool and proceed carefully step by step until you get to your trim piece, which may be held in place by similar clips. Having done the preceding ones would give you a good idea of whet they probably look like and a haptic sense of how to pull.

It might also help to remove both long center console side panels to have a better look at what you're dealing with from the bottom. Those are relatively easily removed just by hand by pulling them out toward you starting at the front end near where the tips of your feet usually are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts