Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a EX-L Navi for a couple of weeks and just noticed a very light (not deep) surface scratch, an abrasion really, on my right rear window by the third row of seats. Generally, I know that there really isn't much you can do for these sorts of things but swap out the glass, but I am hoping that I don' have to go that far.

I was wondering if the group has any recommendations of products I could try to diminish/polish it out. The scratch is not deep at all...literally it looks like a scuff on the finish on the glass. Kind of a shame...scratch on the glass after 2 weeks and I haven't even taken it off road yet.

thanks,

art

·
Registered
919 Posts
I would talk with a local automotive glass shop. They may be able to help you.

Chris

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I while back I read that something called Jeweler's Rouge was good for polishing small scratches out of glass. I recall it was suggested for removing the sandblasted appearance your windshield can develop over time.

Not sure where you'd get it, though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Scratches in glass can be fixed

I had scratches in my Acura windshield from something that got under the wipers. The Acura dealer had a glass repair guy come out and he buffed it out....perfect work.

My dealer friend has all kinds of tricks for fixing up used cars touchup.

Monday---the dent master walks the lot and fixes little dents
Tuesday---the airbrush guy comes out and fixes scratches and also touches up black stuff like wiper blades
Wed-- uppolstry guy fixes carpet burns, and dies stains
Thurs---the glass guy fixes cracks with liquid injections.
Etc.

He pays each of these guys up to 500 per visit depending on #cars.

·
Registered
99 Posts
How Can I Remove Light Scratches In The Glass?

Home remedy: Rub a little toothpaste into the scratch. (Normally geltype pastes are not as effective as regular pastes.) Polish with a soft cloth. Or, Dry Mustard and Vinegar. Mix 1 part dry mustard and 1 part white vinegar into a paste. Apply paste to the scratch. Polish with a soft cloth.

Also, you can try using brass or silver cleaner.

3M PERFECT-IT II Rubbing Compound makes a product specifically for this called 3M's most versatile rubbing compound. Safely and effectively removes grade 1200 or finer sand scratches, other fine scratches, medium oxidation, coarse swirl marks or water spots and leaves a fine finish. Fine cut and excellent for hand and machine use. Contains no wax or silicone. Clear coat safe.32oz bottle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts