Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a remote starter on their Pilot?
Was it installed by the dealer and what was the charge?
I asked the salesman and he said it could not be done?
I asked the accessory fellow and he said it could be done, but would be $900 Does that sound right?
Thanks
Ed

·
Registered
173 Posts
According to a thread I read some time ago, installing a remote starter is difficult in the Pilot because of the need to by-pass the coded-key ignition circuit.

This might well account for the higher than normal install price.

:confused:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a remote starter-my 14 year old daughter. I just send her out about 10 minutes before I want to go and she is happy to get it going, play with the radio and diddle with all the controls.

Seriously, I had one put on a GM vehicle and the only way to defeat the factory code key is to override it. The aftermarket systmes all will cauise you problems in the long run and are not worth the convience IMOH.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I will be putting one in but haven't yet.
I've had one I installed in my Mercury Mountaineer for four years.
It too has a transponder key.
I had to install a universal bypass module.
You put a programmed transponder or Transponder key on it and an antenna gets placed around the ignition switch (inside the plastic).
The unit I installed was by Design Tech International.
The system cost about $90 (at Costco) and the bypass unit cost about $30 or so (direct from the company).

The install wasn't much fun (there isn't much unused room in cars today and the wires are hidden really well), so if your not mechanically and electrically inclined I would have it done for you.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Try here

www.12voltshop.com

I have not used them, but they seem to have the parts and offer technical assistance.

I like the factr that they have Honda specific bypasses in addition to the "universal" type.

·
Registered
65 Posts
walleyeman57 said:
I have a remote starter-my 14 year old daughter. I just send her out about 10 minutes before I want to go and she is happy to get it going, play with the radio and diddle with all the controls.

Seriously, I had one put on a GM vehicle and the only way to defeat the factory code key is to override it. The aftermarket systmes all will cauise you problems in the long run and are not worth the convience IMOH.

Can I borrow your remote starter :2: . Mine (15 years old son) does not always start on time. It takes 20 minutes to start the engine.
So, I decided to install AstroStart 2106.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got a Code Alarm PC-7600 Remote Start with Security System. I paid $450 with installation. It also has auto window roll up and down. My friend hooked it up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my 2004 EXL-RES Pilot with remote start. It was a dealer-installed Automate AM-7 system with a passive alarm. It works great for my family. I have a two-year old and a three-month old now. NY weather has been horrible for the past few weeks and that was the best decision I could have made. The reception is awesome as well. I can start from up to 250 feet away and even from inside (depending on where).

Jeremy
04 EXL-RES

1 - 8 of 8 Posts