Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, So everytime I use my remote starter I get some pretty bad condensation on my inside windows. Then I have to wait for the front window to clear up using defrost before I can take off. Its getting pretty annoying.

Anyone else have this Issue?

On a side note I also killed 9 mosquitoes on my windshield area within a 10 minute ride! Third time in 2 months I’ve had a bunch hanging around.

·
Read Only
19 Posts
My 16 odyssey with honda oem remote start and my 18 pilot does the same when the ambient temperature is around 55*f to 72*f it does it almost every time very annoying like you said not sure if there is a software update to fix it the AC needs to be on to minimize this issue

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Doubt it's a software issue my 15 has the same very issue I have had the pilot in for that and Honda can't resolve the issue

·
Read Only
19 Posts
Honda just needs to have the AC run unless near freezing temps. I have had remote start on all of my vehicles since 1997 and never had this issue with always ran the ac switch on regardless. I wish they would just fix it!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doubt it's a software issue my 15 has the same very issue I have had the pilot in for that and Honda can't resolve the issue
I’m not sure either but I’ve never had this problem with any other car. Is your remote start factory or aftermarket? This is the first factory one Ive had.

Honda just needs to have the AC run unless near freezing temps. I have had remote start on all of my vehicles since 1997 and never had this issue with always ran the ac switch on regardless. I wish they would just fix it!
I’m gonna look into it more because I’m getting tired of it. I have figured out a slight fix which is to open the windows using the remote before I start it so it doesnt water up all the windows before I get in. But I don’t see that being a good option when its very cold out but I guess we shall see what happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our 2016 Pilot does same thing and it drives me crazy too. My Ford F150 would turn on Ac or heat depending on outside temp and never had issue. Pilot is a opposite. Wish they could fix this

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our 2016 Pilot does same thing and it drives me crazy too. My Ford F150 would turn on Ac or heat depending on outside temp and never had issue. Pilot is a opposite. Wish they could fix this
Me too! I will be using it every day when its cold getting the kids to school and Its been annoying to have to sit there and wait for the window to clear up.

Opening the windows before starting does help but then I have to look out not open them to much to let the heat out and then hope the car is actually warm when getting in. not sure how well that will work in the really bad temps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts