Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pilot EX-L
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the great things about my 2017 EX L Pilot is the ability to turn it on remotely, especially on cold days.
Always works, never fails, until this AM. The engine started fine but cut off after about 1 minute.
Tried it again, starts fine and then off. It drove fine after I started it normally.
Thanks
Al

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
Are there any warning lights on like Keyless start problem or check engine light? If not check the battery in the remote as it may be weak. Mine had issues until I replaced the start/stop button due to the Keyless start problem and I think the 2017's are also covered under the extended warranty for that issue.

·
Registered
2017 Pilot EX-L
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there any warning lights on like Keyless start problem or check engine light? If not check the battery in the remote as it may be weak. Mine had issues until I replaced the start/stop button due to the Keyless start problem and I think the 2017's are also covered under the extended warranty for that issue.
New development...Now it will not start, period! As I stated before, the engine would start but cut off in 3-4 minutes. Both key fobs produce the same result, yet both fobs lock/unlock and open the tail gate. Guess I'm off to the dealer. No warning lights, either. Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
Does it still start normally with the pushbutton?
Another piloteer had to have the keyless entry module replaced that is located behind the glovebox but he was having issues with the alarm going off.
Hopefully the dealership will figure it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
what was your fuel level at if you recall, I believe the push button start will terminate if the car feels the fuel level is too low. Incase you forget about it I assume.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts