Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed this yesterday as I have the Emissions System Warning due to a P0430 code. When the remote start is initiated the parking lights flash and the car starts but then shuts off immediately afterwards. I am not resetting the code as the car is going in for new injectors on Monday under the extended warranty. The remote start was working fine before the code was set so the PCM must be shutting it down.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
This is normal, all of our GM and Chrysler products with remote start do the same thing. Any check engine lights, if the gas light is on, if the hood is open, etc.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah, I noticed this as well before having my injectors replaced under extended warranty last winter. Not having remote starter working in Alaska made me take it in ASAP!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm glad you posted this about the remote start and the emissions system warning. My 2017 Pilot just had the emissions system light illuminate on Saturday with 50k miles. And I use remote start daily since it's freezing where I live. Went to remote start this morning and nothing. I'm so aggravated that this error message is so common yet it seems like Honda won't do anything about it from what I've read!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm glad you posted this about the remote start and the emissions system warning. My 2017 Pilot just had the emissions system light illuminate on Saturday with 50k miles. And I use remote start daily since it's freezing where I live. Went to remote start this morning and nothing. I'm so aggravated that this error message is so common yet it seems like Honda won't do anything about it from what I've read!

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just call up your dealer and they will look after it as the 16 to 19 model years are now covered under the 10yr/150k warranty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts