Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago the screw that holds the clam-shell cover for the key fob (Door Lock/Unlock) fell out and was lost. I replaced the screw with no problems. About 3 weeks ago the remote quit working unless you stood right up close to the vehicle and squeezed the fob. thinking that the battery was needing replaced, I did just that. It worked good for a couple of days, then started the intermittent working. I took it apart and checked the contacts. They appeared OK, but it still will not lock the doors. If you squeeze the Fob real tight while pressing the lock button it will work after about 3-4 tries. I can unlock the doors, the panic button works, and the tailgate lift will open. Do I need a new module for the Fob, or is there another adjustment I can try?
Thanks,
Benny

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,036 Posts
See if you can bend the metal tab(s) which make contact with the battery. It sounds like there might be an intermittent contact in your key fob.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
You may want to try some contact cleaner on both the battery connections and the buttons. I noticed that WalMart carries "CRC QD Contact Cleaner" in the automotive chemicals shelves here. It's rated safe for plastics. If you can get the board out and clean the switches and exterior buttons, you'll go a long way towards eliminating intermittent contact issues. Be aware also that you want to avoid handling the batteries with your bare fingers. The oils and acids on your skin will build a resistance layer that can affect performance. Wipe the battery with a little rubbing alcohol or an "alcohol wipe" if you've already handled it with bare skin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have done all of the above with no permanent results. A local locksmith thinks the contacts on the "Lock" button, which is sealed under a rubber cover may be pitted or worn to the point that it doesn't make contact. I have stripped it down to the single PCB, and other than trying to remove that rubber cover, that is as far as I have gone. He is going to install a new module in the present key and shell.
Thanks....
Benny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts