Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried moving the port for CarPlay/Android Auto to the center console? I prefer it be hidden from sight. Sure I can put my phone in the center console when it's connected, but I'd prefer to not let a could be thief see the cable going into the center console and think there may be a phone on the other end of that. I don't leave my phone in my car all the time. This is for quicker trips in the corner store when I may not take my phone in. Everyone knows it only takes few secs for a thief to break a window and grab something.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
If you are talking about short trips where car play really doesn't come into play then why not just plug the phone into the power USB in the console and connect the audio to the 1/8" stereo input?

Keep in mind that there are infotainment issues right now and if your vehicle is under warranty and you prang around with part of it then have problems you may be S.O.L. on warranty repairs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are talking about short trips where car play really doesn't come into play then why not just plug the phone into the power USB in the console and connect the audio to the 1/8" stereo input?

Keep in mind that there are infotainment issues right now and if your vehicle is under warranty and you prang around with part of it then have problems you may be S.O.L. on warranty repairs.
I use CarPlay regularly. I am less likely to use CarPlay on quick trips, but have occasionally. I had a '17 CRV before my Pilot and the port was in the center console and I preferred that.

Good point on the warranty bit.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,409 Posts
Just take your phone with you. It’s not good to leave a phone in a hot car anyways. Sure you could do it but nobody on here cares enough to have tried it so you won’t really get any help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think if you go into the developer settings you can pick a different usb as your CarPlay one. I don’t know how to do it but I did see something like this a while back. Ask at the dealer if this is something they could do ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
There is only one data USB in the Pilot, just like my Passport. The one on the bottom of the dash tree. The one in the console is a power connector. Honda put a stereo input next to it if you want to send music to the system.

What I miss is not having the AC outlet in the console as it was on my 2013 Pilot. On my 2020 Passport it is on the back of the console facing the second row seats.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Has anyone tried moving the port for CarPlay/Android Auto to the center console? I prefer it be hidden from sight. Sure I can put my phone in the center console when it's connected, but I'd prefer to not let a could be thief see the cable going into the center console and think there may be a phone on the other end of that. I don't leave my phone in my car all the time. This is for quicker trips in the corner store when I may not take my phone in. Everyone knows it only takes few secs for a thief to break a window and grab something.
Hi Snowangeltae,
I did this about a year ago! I popped off the USB port in the center console and ran a USB extension cable under the center console with the plug coming out under the armrest. Now the phone can stay under the armrest. I lost a USB port on the dash, but there is already the one next to it that works fine and now I have two under the armrest!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts