Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

121 - 140 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mr. Furious and eps 105 - Toyota has an alert subscription for the new highlander and I signed up to be updated when it arrives. Honda does not offer this kind of notifications, which is strange, because you would expect manufacturer to want to keep in touch with customers. Waiting for highlander now as it is likely to be the first one to appear, but I am in a similar dillema as eps105 - hard to choose given such different options. However the choice may become easier if one car shows up much earlier than another - then this car will likely win, because if I can own a new car in November why would I wait till January? Wow, to be frank at this time pilot/toyota situation is much more interesting for me than us elections choice :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
2017 pilot should in out in Nov

I emailed quite a few honda dealers asking abt the 2017 pilot and some of them responded that it should be out by mid Nov. so just one more month of waiting and we should be seeing some thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just curious why some of you won't pre-order the vehicle. Could be the area, but my deposit is refundable at any point before the official sales agreement, so you can get out of it whenever you change your mind even if the car is built.

My dealer notified me as well they confirmed the allocation for my 2017 Pilot, just waiting on VIN assignment and should be one of the first to arrive in Canada. I'll take that part with a grain of salt of course.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mr. Furious and eps 105 - Toyota has an alert subscription for the new highlander and I signed up to be updated when it arrives. Honda does not offer this kind of notifications, which is strange, because you would expect manufacturer to want to keep in touch with customers. Waiting for highlander now as it is likely to be the first one to appear, but I am in a similar dillema as eps105 - hard to choose given such different options. However the choice may become easier if one car shows up much earlier than another - then this car will likely win, because if I can own a new car in November why would I wait till January? Wow, to be frank at this time pilot/toyota situation is much more interesting for me than us elections choice :)
Ross - I found Honda's PR site and their RSS feed so subscribed to it. Working well but I got all excited when I saw a bunch of new announcements and then realized it was just the Civic hatchback...
Link: News Releases - Honda.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
easy solution

an easy solution to question highlander vs pilot.
if your buying the polit EXL ( granted they did not transmision the engine for touring/elite) and need more room. then you got a deal.
however if your looking for extra features like (blind spot, moonroof) then highlander wins as no issues with transmission/engine ( take into consideration of the new change)
of course each one of us has his own personal bias, and for me it is toyota.

I was really disappointed by the sales at honda when he tried to sell me touring/elite without letting us know about the problem that exist. (did say that they are not selling much, thinking it was the price) I thought he was genuine guy, but after researching online, found out about the problem and lost trust in Honda over all as he tried to sell me elite so hard ( he even told me about one that is 10K miles that someone returned for unknown reason!!)

·
Registered
143 Posts
an easy solution to question highlander vs pilot.
if your buying the polit EXL ( granted they did not transmision the engine for touring/elite) and need more room. then you got a deal.
however if your looking for extra features like (blind spot, moonroof) then highlander wins as no issues with transmission/engine ( take into consideration of the new change)
of course each one of us has his own personal bias, and for me it is toyota.

I was really disappointed by the sales at honda when he tried to sell me touring/elite without letting us know about the problem that exist. (did say that they are not selling much, thinking it was the price) I thought he was genuine guy, but after researching online, found out about the problem and lost trust in Honda over all as he tried to sell me elite so hard ( he even told me about one that is 10K miles that someone returned for unknown reason!!)
I agree with your point that the Pilot wins hands-down for 3rd row space and cargo space over the Highlander.

But I disagree with your other 2 points:
1) No one should be making statements that the Highlander's transmission/engine has no issues, as the 2017 Highlander is an entirely new drivetrain - DI engine and new 8 speed auto. Initial reviews have been tepid about its performance, and reliability is unknown. If you're referring to leftover 2016 Highlanders, then, yes, you have a point, but they're almost gone.
2) I think you set your expectations way too high if you expect a salesperson to tell you about unsubstantiated reliability concerns as part of the sales process. Yes, there's plenty of posts here on this forum about problems with the 9AT, and most of those were from early on and mostly resolved (but not all). But I've seen just as many -- if not more -- posts here about people who love their 9AT and have zero complaints about it. Go to ANY car forum website and there will almost always be some common issue that a number of owners are experiencing, but still usually represents a tiny minority.

Case in point, I've decided to go ahead and order a 2017 Pilot Touring because we need the extra room and I'm confident that the transmission issues have been largely resolved. I was heavily on the fence with the 2017 Highlander, but the 3rd row and cargo space advantages in the Pilot made the difference.

·
Registered
50 Posts
2017 CRV just announced...some very cool stuff that I hope will be on the 2017 Pilot as well:
Carplay with volume knob - Win/Win!
Hands free power tailgate - Awesome
Sensing now standard on EX and above - fingers crossed...
Color driver information interface (looks nice in video below)

They are putting in a turbocharger...wonder how that'll do with the CRV and whether we'll see similar in Pilot (doubt it)

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/13/2017-honda-cr-v-redesign-reveal/

·
Registered
511 Posts
Its all over Motor Trend Magazine about the transmission... Mine was going too, I dumped it.. While the Highlander Engine and Transmission is NEW. the transmission is not the same nor does it operate the same.....PLUS it had Idle stop which I personally do NOT like.. So yr rt.. a proven car would have been the 16 Highlander..Time will tell...

·
Registered
35 Posts
eoren1, thank you for the news link - I will use it to monitor Honda news. I am also impressed with 2017 CRV new features - hope pilot will get its share of enhancements.

Originally I wanted to go with Highlander as it seemed an easy choice given my history with Toyota, but now that I became older (and hopefully wiser) and have a bigger Family I realize that extra inches in the car do matter (and I still hate minivans for some unknown reason)...

·
Registered
79 Posts
The highlander 2017 transmission is new for the highlander but is not a new transmission it has been used in lexus for a few years.

·
Registered
337 Posts
2017 CRV just announced...some very cool stuff that I hope will be on the 2017 Pilot as well:
Carplay with volume knob - Win/Win!
Hands free power tailgate - Awesome
Sensing now standard on EX and above - fingers crossed...
Color driver information interface (looks nice in video below)

They are putting in a turbocharger...wonder how that'll do with the CRV and whether we'll see similar in Pilot (doubt it)

2017 Honda CR-V gets turbo power, snazzier interior - Autoblog
I wouldn't expect any changes to the pilot. The pilot is on a 6 year cycle. Stuff like radio change up will require different wiring harness. Which is why the 2017 FIT and HRV didn't get CarPlay/android auto. They have to wait for a refresh. Mid cycle refresh is another more two years for the pilot. Looks like the pilot will be the last Honda to receive the reflector led headlights.

The engine is most likely the same one as the civic. God I hate that damn CVT engine sound. It sounds like a teenager learning to drive stick for the first time. Even with my music blasted I can still hear the engining revving. If the pilot does get a turbo engine it will probably be the one similar to the Honda avalanche in China that has a 2.0 turbo engine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer where I put a refundable deposit down. My black/black EX-L shows a target production date of 11/14-18 in Alabama with expected delivery end Nov/early Dec.

To Anekin's point, I have to believe it is in Honda's best interest to standardize their infotainment units as much as possible to minimize the software changes that would need to be made.

I don't see any reason why the Pilot shouldn't get the same infotainment unit as the new CR-V as well as the hands free power lift gate. All of the changes seem like easy add-ons to a second year model update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys! What is the likelihood of Honda to upgrade the interior and to add more space inside the vehicle in the Pilot 2017? I have been following below two sources very closely. How legit are these two sites? If the speculations were true, it was worth the wait. Thank you for your thoughts!

AutooMobile.com
MotoringCrunch

·
Registered
51 Posts
I believe those websites are bogus sites meant to draw users for web searches to get ad revenue. In some cases they are already speculating on 2018 models.

It is very unlikely that the 2017s will have a change significantly affecting interior space. From my readings following the 2017s for the past three months, the mostly likely changes are the addition of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto along with a slight possibility of some other color options.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello guys! What is the likelihood of Honda to upgrade the interior and to add more space inside the vehicle in the Pilot 2017? I have been following below two sources very closely. How legit are these two sites? If the speculations were true, it was worth the wait. Thank you for your thoughts!

AutooMobile.com
MotoringCrunch
Absolutely ZERO. The Pilot was all-new for 2016 and those are click-bait websites that are poorly edited with inaccurate, cherrypicked, plagiarized info with absolutely no insider information. The reason you see "2017" Pilot and not 2016 Pilot in some of those article is to capture your Google searches. They exist only to draw you in to get ad revenue. Beyond all of that, you should be suspucious of the made-up website names that imply automotive coverage yet have mostly coverage of electronics and video games, and all articles are cited as "staff reporter". Oh, and both website use the same site design and logo font. LOL!

You will only see extremely minor, incremental changes for 2017, as wendellb mentioned above.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I can now validate what many others above have been saying about deliveries of the 2017 Pilot -- I just signed an order with my salesman for a 2017 Touring AWD, and he was finally able to see the build dates and allocations for the 2017 models in the ordering system. The 2017's will be built and allocated in November, and as others said above, we'll start seeing deliveries in late November or early December. He told me there is a decent chance that I'll get mine before end of November!

I can only assume this means that we could be only days away from an announcement on pricing and changes! Worst case, maybe a couple weeks.

One thing I can confirm is that there are NO NEW COLORS, as we searched for all available 2017 colors in the ordering system; all the 2016 colors carried over with nothing new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks very much for that information. I have been waiting for color information on the 2017's. My closest dealer is 100 miles away. I have an appointment with him for October 24th and will be signing "on the dotted line" at that point.

121 - 140 of 364 Posts