Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered an unsecured relay hanging off a wire under the Dash/Steering wheel of my Pilot, has about 6500 miles on it. Thought it was the fog light relay, but reviewing the foglight installation instructions on here, the fog light relay seems to be up front, not under the dash. The relay has a mounting flange on it, so it's supposed to be mounted somewhere, I just don’t know where. Anyone else seen this? Anyone know where it is supposed to be mounted?

I found the hanging relay while I was searching for the OBDII (Carchip) Connector. Anyone know where that it is on the Pilot?

TIA,
-Hans

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
hanss said:
Just discovered an unsecured relay hanging off a wire under the Dash/Steering wheel of my Pilot, has about 6500 miles on it. Thought it was the fog light relay, but reviewing the foglight installation instructions on here, the fog light relay seems to be up front, not under the dash. The relay has a mounting flange on it, so it's supposed to be mounted somewhere, I just don’t know where. Anyone else seen this? Anyone know where it is supposed to be mounted?

I found the hanging relay while I was searching for the OBDII (Carchip) Connector. Anyone know where that it is on the Pilot?

TIA,
-Hans
There is a relay mounted under the dash for the fog lights.

Take you car back to the dealer and ask him "Is there anything else you guys did wrong?"

Even if it is not the fog light relay, they would have had to notice it when installing the fog light relay, so there is NO EXCUSE for this.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
hanss: Please post a picture if possible and we can help you more. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a pic of the relay, it was just hanging there, though I think it was origionally tucked up under the ledge and fell out, or I would have noticed it earlier.

By the way, I found the OBDII (Carchip) Connector, it is the grey looking connector in the upper right corner of the photo.

-Hans

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts