Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Others have posted on this problem before, but I wanted to make sure folks saw this: If you want to add an external, third party CD-changer (such as the Alpine MP3 changer), do NOT use the Peripheral-brand HONIL changer. I had a local car audio place (AMS audio on Camden Ave - NOT recommended) order the parts I wanted installed, including the proper Blitzsafe adapter. For some reason, the Blitzsafe didn't work, so they swapped it out for a Peripheral during the install without asking me. It seemed to work, so I left, but I soon encountered the problem others have reported: the player locked up any time the car was turned on, requiring the tray to be ejected and replaced to get unstuck.

Took it back this afternoon, and told them to try the Blitzsafe again. Made sure they were aware that the switch on the back of the changer needs to be set correctly for things to work. They swapped them and it worked. The tech claims he used another Blitzsafe adapter, but given that they had to order the original because they don't carry those normally, I believe he was covering his a$$ and just put the original back in. I watched 'em pretty closely, and he never came back to their storehouse for more parts.

Anyway, things work now, with the only oddity being that the changer jumps forward a disc every time I turn on random mode (not a big problem, though certainly weird). Just figured I'd warn anyone else looking to do what I did.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
The random mode will not work as expected with the Pilot. I'm glad that you posted this. I tried to warn them earlier...maybe they'll listen now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, don't get me wrong, I still use random all the time. But if I want to stay on the current disc but choose a random song, I have to hit Disc- then A.Select. The only minor annoyance is that when I turn the car on, if I was listening to a disc in random mode, it will jump to the next disc immediately. Not a major problem.

Still beats the pants off of a regular CD-changer (Honda or 3rd party), or even an aftermarket head w/MP3 changer. I can now scroll through over 1000 songs with the steering wheel controls (well, with the occasional Disc+ or Disc- press on the center console).

Sweeeeeeet. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts