Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it was time to get new blades I purchased the whole wiper and blade as one because the auto parts no longer sells refills. They said try online but no luck. I’ll keep trying but wonder if anyone knows a place/business that sells refills for my 2018 EX-L. The new wiper/blades I bought are cheap and I would like to use the original Honda wipers that came with the car and just refill all 3 (driver, passenger and rear). Hope there are others that have noticed this and refilled the originals like I want to. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I hear the dealer prices for refill blades are pretty cheap (3 or 4 bucks?). I'd check there first.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,260 Posts
You mean these?

Front left blade.

Front Right

Rear Blade.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Dealer is like $21 for the entire set. I'm on my 5th

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
For years, I just replace the entire wiper blade. Just the blade thingy that already has an insert. Snaps right on.

I use to mess with trying to slide the inserts in the blade holder. Never again.

I'm all about DIY, to a point.

Which reminds me, I kinda need a new set now on my 08.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
For years, I just replace the entire wiper blade. Just the blade thingy that already has an insert. Snaps right on.

I use to mess with trying to slide the inserts in the blade holder. Never again.

True, but the price of wiper replacement has gotten out of hand in the retail stores with mark ups of 100%+. I personally am not looking for anything fancy. Amazon is selling sets like this at an acceptable price.
For 3rd gen....
For a 2008...

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,402 Posts
Alternatively, I have had my Bosch Icon wiper blades for 2 years and I cleaned them with rubbing alcohol and they work like they did when they were brand new. I paid $50 for 2. Kind of a lot, but I've never had blades that lasted this long and I like the look of them as well.

If you're happy with the Honda blades, then just go ahead and refill them, even at $6/side that's not too bad.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
If you're happy with the Honda blades, then just go ahead and refill them, even at $6/side that's not too bad.
$6 for OEM. I'm surprised they are not sold out. 👍

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,260 Posts
Alternatively, I have had my Bosch Icon wiper blades for 2 years and I cleaned them with rubbing alcohol and they work like they did when they were brand new. I paid $50 for 2. Kind of a lot, but I've never had blades that lasted this long and I like the look of them as well.

I am quite happy with the Honda blades. I have had them last for multiple years and cleaning them helped. Any wiper blade will last if you clean it and take care of it. The biggest killer if wiper blades is impatience and neglect.

If I had a nickel for every time I saw someone turn on their wipers in the winter to try to clear their windshield of snow or ice I could not only buy Jay Leno's fleet of vehicles, I could buy Jay Leno.

Blade frozen to the windshield pulled from the windshield will damage the working edge. Not cleaning the blade or the windshield will continually drag the working edge over dirt, grime etc. again damaging the blade.

As for looks, I don't care how it looks. If I did I might choose one of these.

In fact, I'm trying to picture in my mind a Crosstour outfitted with the pink ones. 😁 😁🤣

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
In fact, I'm trying to picture in my mind a Crosstour outfitted with the pink ones. 😁 😁🤣
Better match for the John Deere tractor.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts

Costco has their replacement wiper blades on sale this week

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
This is where I get mine.

Only issue is they don't carry the rear blade.
For the rear wiper blades I’d go to Amazon or stack them onto a Rock Auto major purchase. Last week I tried to get a rear wiper blade for the Outback and dealer wanted $17:oops:

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
494 Posts
For the rear wiper blades I’d go to Amazon or stack them onto a Rock Auto major purchase. Last week I tried to get a rear wiper blade for the Outback and dealer wanted $17:oops:
I'm going to try the refills at the dealer. I need an oil change so I'll be there anyways this week.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts