Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you fellow Kentucky Piloteers, my Red Rock Pearl beauty has arrived. I picked it up at 11:00am this morning.

Hardin County Honda was my dealer. They are located a little north of E-Town on 31W. Brian Bumpas and Bob Bumpas kept me informed all the way and didn't get my hopes up too much when they got early dates from Honda. They always let me know the dates were probably going to be a little later than estimated. They are great people to work with if you live in the area.

No add-ons to MSRP. I did call back later and got the running boards and mud guards for $500 installed. It had 6miles on it, just enough for the tech to do a test drive. Nothing missed on my checklist, but I did rush a bit (I was a little excited to get on the road) so I'm goinig over the list again tomorrow morning.

My wife got the NAVI going on the way back to Louisville. The salesman said that I knew more about it than he did. She can now navigate for me. I guess that was her giving me directions, or is that a another woman in the car. She really rubs it in on how a man needs a woman to tell him where to go.

Can't wait till morning and I get to put more miles on her. I named her REDROK03.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS

Welcome "Home"
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
Good to see another Pilot in the Bluegrass state! I'm from the Northern Kentucky area, but picked my up in Louisville at Sam Swope. Enjoy the weekend with your new toy!

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
xyzzy said:
I'm from the Northern Kentucky area ...
Isn't that called OHIO?

:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
You mean I do not own the only RRP EX-L Nav?? Good thing I am out in CA :D

Just kidding of course. That is great yours came in. I hope you like yours as much as we like ours. The color really stands out. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
What's a 93 Ducati 907ie?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
It's a motorcycle. More specifically, it's a sport bike and a pretty cool one at that. Nice ride!

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
xyzzy said:
It's a motorcycle. More specifically, it's a sport bike and a pretty cool one at that. Nice ride!

Chris
thanks, I think it is cool also. Just one of those things, I was looking for a BMW, but just out of my price range. Then I saw a Paso 906 and then did some research and found that the 907 was fuel injected, had better brakes, 17" rims and not many made, looks like around 2700 produced, all that for 4800-. Besides an Italian on an Italian bike sounded good.....

Not as much work as you would think to keep it up, I do my own work anyway. I have had it about 2 years now. Maybe I will get a picture of the Duc and the Pilot together.

That might have been a cool logon name DucPilot:cool:

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
WELCOME!!!

redrok03

Welcome to Pilotland!!! If you stay with this forum, you'll be ahead of everyone at Honda USA! I'm also in Louisville and managed to buy mine locally with a lot of wheeling and dealing! I've now made it to 1000 miles and am reasonably happy so far - minor issues that have solutions. Hope you have the same experiences...:5: :5: :5: :5: :5:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
puccetti said:


thanks, I think it is cool also. Just one of those things, I was looking for a BMW, but just out of my price range. Then I saw a Paso 906 and then did some research and found that the 907 was fuel injected, had better brakes, 17" rims and not many made, looks like around 2700 produced, all that for 4800-. Besides an Italian on an Italian bike sounded good.....

Not as much work as you would think to keep it up, I do my own work anyway. I have had it about 2 years now. Maybe I will get a picture of the Duc and the Pilot together.

That might have been a cool logon name DucPilot:cool:

Chris
I ride a Suzuki Intruder Volusia 800. It's quite a different bike with a different purpose that what you ride, but as we say, "So long as it has two wheels!"

I do my own wrenching as well. The Volusia uses a single carb, which make it pretty easy (no synching, yeah), but I do still have to adjust the valves. I vow that my next bike will have hydraulic lifters. A friend that I ride with rides sport bikes and took my Volusia for a spin. His first comment was, "why didn't you just buy a Lincoln?" (lol) It's a much different ride.

I too plan to get a pic of my bike and my Pilot together. I just need to coordinate having them both clean at the same time!

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
xyzzy said:


I ride a Suzuki Intruder Volusia 800. It's quite a different bike with a different purpose that what you ride, but as we say, "So long as it has two wheels!"

I do my own wrenching as well. The Volusia uses a single carb, which make it pretty easy (no synching, yeah), but I do still have to adjust the valves. I vow that my next bike will have hydraulic lifters. A friend that I ride with rides sport bikes and took my Volusia for a spin. His first comment was, "why didn't you just buy a Lincoln?" (lol) It's a much different ride.

I too plan to get a pic of my bike and my Pilot together. I just need to coordinate having them both clean at the same time!

Chris
Chris, that is so cool. I will try and take a picture over the next week of the two together and post them.

I went to my local video store just a few min. ago and parked right next to another RRP EX-L. First one that color besides mine that I have seen. I told him about the site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome all. It's been a great experience so far, 175miles worth. I have a birthday party to attend today, but hey, I'll volunteer to go get the ice. It'll only take a couple of hours.

No puccetti, you are not the only one, but we are in good company, Red Rock Pearl Pilots. I love this color. I love the PILOT!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top