Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scored a diamond 2006 with only 48,000 miles a few months back. Using this thread to help track the build process!

First a few maintenance items right when I got it.
  • Timing Belt
  • Water Pump
  • Pulleys/Tensioners
  • Wheel alignment, new all season tires
The interior is in great shape so I decided to shell out for some WT floor mats. Got rows 1 and 2 but apparently they don't make a back liner for these anymore so I may try to make a custom cover for the cargo area.

Next steps are to ruggedize this thing. I ordered some new tires and the ebay spacer kit. 2" front and 1.5" rear. Hoping I these Falken Wildpeak 245/75's will fit on there once I get the lift on. More coming soon!

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Congrats on the find. (y) Even a unicorn needs to be ruggedized.? May I also suggest an AVS Bugflector II (accept no substitutes!) to make it look a little less soccermom-y?

BTW, what's the deal with the black gas tank door? Do the Redrock Pearl Metallics all come like that or is it a customization?

Keep those pics coming!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
it's a replacement door it's not painted yet

·
Registered
5,535 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow that's crazy rare! Around here you have to get a carfax to verify those kinda miles, some unscrupulous characters have been swapping out odo's on CRV's and Pilots to make it look like there's not many miles. One '03 CRV had 153k but it actually had 256k, the seller had no idea. Another one was an '05 Pilot, had 87k but really had 230k. I even ran one on the private seller I purchased my current one from (who owned it since new) just to be sure.

Quite jealous! Look forward to the build.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts