Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll probably get some flak for asking, but does anyone know if you can get the red JDM emblems for the Pilot? I know it was more of a Type-R thing from Japan, but thought it might be a fun way to jazz up our plain white Pilot. I've seen them for Civic, Accord, Prelude, but wasn't sure if they made larger ones for our car. Thought it would make ours easier to spot on the road.

I was looking at putting some pin stripes on as well, but if I can get the red emblems, I might try red pin stripes (was going to do silver). The nice thing with the pin stripes is they are only a few bucks at the auto stores, and they go on and come off easily enough that if we don't like the red, can always change it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Not sure if anyone would even carry a large front emblem on the pilot. The rear emblem is a pain to remove. It involves taking out the inner tailgate cover. If you live in warm climate I would just plasti dip it. Vinyl wrap is another option. Or just scuff the chrome and paint it. I did the latter.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After a lot of digging, I found something I think will work on eBay. It claims it fits 2012-2015 Pilots. Shipping from Australia, so I won't know for a bit, but I decided to give it a shot. Link to the item is here:

2PCS JDM RED H FRONT & REAR EMBLEM BADGE FOR PILOT 2012-2015 | eBay

Once I receive them, I'll post if they do indeed fit, and again once they are installed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one's I came across for things like Civics and the smaller cars are only about $10 cheaper. I have a set on my old Prelude that my wife bought me years ago, but not sure what they cost. They were legit Honda parts, too. I'm not sure if this is an actual Honda part or an aftermarket replica (same for the others I found on eBay). Will find out soon I guess.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It fit pretty well, actually. A few days after I ordered them, I looked at the grill and realized that emblem is huge. I was worried it wouldn't fit due to the size, but it was pretty close. Only thing is that it only attaches with that double sided tape, so if you look, not all the tape contacts anything, just the outer edge and where the H is.

But overall, pretty happy with it. I haven't done the rear yet, will try to get to that soon. I will post the part numbers, too, if anyone wants them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice indeed. The back emblem will be a hassle to remove. Patience is required.
Good to know. The front took about 10 minutes and was super easy to do. Had to pop a cover after opening the hood, and undo 2 screws that held the old emblem in place. Then I cleaned the surface with rubbing alcohol before sticking the new emblem on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you need instructions on the back let me know.
Sure, that would be great. I had planned to just go to one of the parts websites and look at the exploded view, but if you've got some better info, then I definitely would be interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
871 Posts
So its held on by mostly clips. Use a pry tool for all panels. Pop the cover to remove the bolt on the pull strap. You will also need to pry the power lift gate trim off and disconnect the plug. Using a plastic pry tool start by slowly prying the top trim panel. Then pry each of the upper side trim. Try not to twist the trim to hard to release from each other. Then open the liftgate glass. As you get to the main trim start from the side pull down. The bottom pull out towards you. As you get to the top push out to push the clips out. I would recommend placing thick cardboard in between to avoid clips from reattaching. Once all clips have been detached lift the panel up and out. If you break or weaken any clips. Make sure to replace to avoid panel vibrations and gaps. At this point you will see couple of bolts holding the outer trim. Remove them. The rest of the panel is held by clips. You will need needle nose pliers to squeeze the tabs while using pry tool on the trim itself. I recommend using thick cardboard in between the panel once detached. Do that on both sides. The middle tab will be the one that will probably weaken or break as it is tight. It should be replaced no matter what it is the one that prevents large gaps between the trim. Once the trim comes out detach the plugs for the camera and lights. The rest you can figure out.

Good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks blue, sounds like it will take a bit of time to get it all done correctly, so I'll have to be very patient in the process.

I did say that I would post the part numbers on the bags as received, and here they are:

Front - 75700-TA0-A00
Rear - 75700-SNW-J01

When I do an internet search, the rear number does come up showing as a red badge, but the front comes up as just a chrome H badge, so it might not be the right part number, if you were going to try to order it that way. When I get a chance to get the rear installed, I'll put up some more pictures. After that, will do the pin stripe and add pics of that, too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can somebody tell me the correct measurement of the Front Grille "H" Emblem and Rear Trunk emblem? Thank you! #2012 Honda Pilot Touring

1 - 19 of 19 Posts