Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Recs for phone mount / holder

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  toolazy4alogin 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for recommendations for car mounts / holders.

I have an iPhone 11, so it's pretty big (but not as big as a iPhone Plus), but ideally the holder would be easily adjustable for another driver's phone.

I've tried 2 of the kind that clips on to the vent. One of them was this one:

and the other one is an obsolete one made by VAVA, but they eventually started falling down - the vent is too thin to get a good hold on, I guess.

My husband had the kind that adheres to the front windshield and I wasn't crazy about that type.

Thanks so much!

#4 ·
I am using a Pro-Clip mount and holder. Purchased it from a fellow member on here who no longer had the car. Two different models for the 3rd generation Pilot. I got the one that clips just to the left of the vent next to the instrument panel. Installed in less than 5 seconds, comes off in the same amount of time. Very solid and rigid. I think the other version clips over by the glove box area?

I am using a Samsung A10, previously had a Samsung S-6. I like the driver's area clip because I can run the cable from the USB port up to it to use Android Auto/Car Play, or to charge it. The cable clips into part of the trim above the console on the left side, keeping it out of the way while plugged into the phone.

Pro Clip Phone Holders/Mounts

#8 ·
Thanks, everyone.

I was looking at the ProClip and it looks good except its too far to the left. I've been using a vent-mounted holder and I install as far to the right as possible because otherwise it interferes with using the windshield wipers. Maybe it has to do with how I have my wheel positioned.

I'm going to think about the cup holder one, but I do use my cupholders.

What about the magnetic kind? Do those work in a Pilot?

#9 ·
Just curious, what year vehicle/infotainment system do you have. I never bothered with a holder in my 2013 Pilot Touring or my current 2020 Passport Touring. Both had bluetooth connection that worked for the phone and the Passport has car play. I never pick up the phone so a holder is a mute point for me personally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.