Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Pilot EX-L 264k miles (RIP)
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried using my buddy's diagnostic tool and it wouldn't read a single code from the Honda. Is there a go to tool that won't burn a hole through my debit card?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,840 Posts
The Foxwell NT520 with the Honda/Acura specific firmware option emptied about $180 USD out of my bank account. In my opinion it has been worth every penny I spent on it given a diagnostic at my local dealer ran $160 the last time I inquired. Additional vehicle make firmware costs $60 each. The code reader supports up to five vehicle make firmware loads. Honda/Acura is considered one firmware load as would Toyota/Lexus/Scion.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
422 Posts
I just bought a BlueDriver 100$ Amazon. First ever for me and I love how easy it is and can print reports from Pilot (as long as I can remember to make sure there is paper in printer ?). Also wife’s Avalon is due for oil change- wanted to check codes prior to having it done (“freebie” from dealership we got it from). Was able to see when the last codes were cleared and printed just in case stealership wants me to pay for anything that may have been wrong prior to purchase. Really like having some ammo instead of going to a possible fight without any defense! Worth it!!!! AND IT’S SCOTTY APPROVED!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got one of the cheap Bluetooth ones as mentioned earlier, have Car Scanner free app. Shows codes & clears them, also can show various parameters live as you drive.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Foxwell NT530 - communicates with all modules in the car (abs, vsa, srs, vtm, etc). Shows a ton of live data also. Does bidrectional communication so you can activate or turn things on and off for troubleshooting (abs bleed, trasmission solenoids, etc).

I had a Bluedriver but it did not appear to have all the live data and bidirectional control. Returned it.

I also have a $20 obdii dongle in each cars glove box for basic code scans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
All of the above and some cheap Snap on scan tool that i use ..its not bad :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

·
Registered
9,275 Posts
Recommendation Operating System: XP 32bit
Ha, that's how old our Pilots are getting, but unlike XP's programmed end of life, many of our Pilots are still going strong. :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
XP is still alive and well on my OBDII-dedicated laptop. It has the older IDE port, for which I have bought an SSD drive, and the OS starts in an instant and works like a race horse.
With StarOffice 9 and some other older tools it is no worse than modern machines, except for Youtube HD videos.

·
Registered
9,275 Posts
Yup, still have XP on a couple of dual boot boxes and virtual machines. And just like you, I can't repeat enough how much I like Solid State Drive drives. ;)

SSD drive

1 - 13 of 13 Posts