Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Pilot LX FWD, 203K miles

I've been considering replacing the struts on this one, and am looking for recommendations. I want to go with the pre-assembled units that have new springs and everything, so that I don't have to mess with spring compressors, and also because I think the original springs may have settled a bit over the years.

I've read that KYB is a good unit, but looking at RockAuto, it seems they only make them for the AWD model, and I've got FWD. Any recommendations for a good aftermarket, fully assembled strut?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Spring compressors are not that hard to use as long as the threads are in a like-new condition.

·
Administrator
15,524 Posts
Buy fully loaded struts for the front. Spring included.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought a pair of the KYB 334365/64 Excel-G for my '04 pilot but i haven't installed them yet. I usually buy the separate struts since in my oppinion the stock springs always seem a better quality and ride. The last time I did quick struts I did not like the ride. I'll probably run these down to the local tire and wheel shop and pay their price to swap the springs on the hydraulic press. That's the way I've always done struts.

·
Registered
830 Posts
If you decide to reinstall the original springs onto new front dampers, be sure to use new top bearing mounts as well. At 207k miles, your old mounts are done for. BTW, I recently installed KYB's both front and back on my 2003 with 208k miles. I like the firm responsive handling of the KYB's. Just my opinion. The old shocks were totally worn out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts