Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Pilot LX FWD, 205k miles

I'm looking to replace the front control arms, looking for recommendations on brands that others have had good luck with. Years ago, Moog was a trusted brand, but I've heard mixed reviews lately, so I wanted to see what others were using.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Press moog compliance bushings and ball joints in your OEM LCA.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I put Moog on mine. Have never considered another brand. Moog is all I ever used on suspension parts.
I was the same until I noticed Moog swapping things like castle nuts with pin for a plastic nut ..seriously ? That doesn't sit right with me. The build quality has gone down for them over the years, also I have seen a Moog part fail after a few thousand miles compared to an oem that lasted close to 200k.

So its a hit an miss with them.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Press moog compliance bushings and ball joints in your OEM LCA.
you can actually get the OEM part now for a few bucks since they are discontinuing a lot of hardware for our truck wanna B's

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
double posting

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's interesting on Moog with plastic parts. I have never experienced that. I completely redid my F&R suspensions on my 2004 pilot, and my 1996 C1500 with Moog and everything was excellent quality. I know Moog has several different tiers of components, maybe that is the difference.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
you can actually get the OEM part now for a few bucks
I get it but still even different batches of castings are slightly different in size, while if you pressed the compliance bushings and ball joints into your LCAs then you do not even need an alignment.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
That's interesting on Moog with plastic parts. I have never experienced that. I completely redid my F&R suspensions on my 2004 pilot, and my 1996 C1500 with Moog and everything was excellent quality. I know Moog has several different tiers of components, maybe that is the difference.
This is what you would get from autozone and advanced auto for an 06 ..if you notice no castle nut or pin

·
Registered
41 Posts
Consider replacing all parts that have bushing. It was cheaper for me to buy Moog parts than have new bushing put in the existing hardware. The car drive great with all new bushings.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
240 Posts
What were the symptoms you were experiencing to make you want to do the replacements? I ask because I have a 2005 with 215k+ and haven't noticed anything

·
Registered
2 Posts
this is what i ordered for my wife's Pilot. i also ordered the front strut assembly just haven't had a chance to install it.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
this is what i ordered for my wife's Pilot. i also ordered the front strut assembly just haven't had a chance to install it.

View attachment 133364
Post here how they do installing and after a while driving with them. They look like a good deal, but it's always good to have longitudinal feedback in case others want to get the same.

·
Registered
34 Posts
MOOG is being counterfeited in copious amounts.
Do NOT buy Moog parts off eBay!! Those "deals" are counterfeits. Real Moog parts will come in a good box, yes from many countries (possibly China). My feeling is this is leading to the "Moog quality is going down" problem.
From What I can tell, Rock Auto is still safe - they source parts from auto shops and dealers that are legit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts