Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a stereo to fit this double deck area and includes bluetooth for hands free usage? I have the 6 disc changer, tape deck and radio - I don't use any of it and would love suggestions from you guys on what you are using in your 2005 that works well. Thanks much!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Get this trim kit.

Pretty much any double-DIN car stereo will work, I suggest you get something that supports Android Auto/Apple Carplay. Will run in $300+ price range, but highly worth it.
If you order from Crutchfield, and put in your car model, they throw in the above trim kit, as well as a factory adapter harness, for free.

One caveat: you will lose the factory sub unless you install an additional amplifier for it. No big deal.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A Spec; 2020 Acura TLX A Spec; 2006 Honda Pilot EXL AWD
19 Posts
Get this trim kit.

Pretty much any double-DIN car stereo will work, I suggest you get something that supports Android Auto/Apple Carplay. Will run in $300+ price range, but highly worth it.
If you order from Crutchfield, and put in your car model, they throw in the above trim kit, as well as a factory adapter harness, for free.

One caveat: you will lose the factory sub unless you install an additional amplifier for it. No big deal.
Scorrpio, I regards to the sub. Mine seems to have retired itself on my ‘06. I was going to replace everything down the road (headunit, speakers, sub) anyway. Any thoughts on adding the amp for a replacement sub that fits the space or a larger one that I have seen installed which requires a bit of work as it protrudes from the plastic kick panel.

·
Registered
750 Posts
There is a whole category of subs called 'shallow mount' which can install into factory location seamlessly.
Something like this one is not going to protrude.

That said, OEM sub box is a rather flimsy affair. Any decent 10" aftermarket sub is going to weigh easily 5-6 times more than OEM one.
I would:
Pull the OEM sub box, disassemble it and use fiberglass mesh and epoxy on its inside to make it thicker and stronger. Would also apply sound deadening (Dynamat) both front and back. You can just mount the new sub in there as-is, but you might end up with rattles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts