Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, any recommendations for a stationary (not via cell phone) transmission temperature monitor that won't break the bank?

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
This was a gift.

Then you simply download an app to your phone to access the information. I use Torque Pro II. To get an ATF reading, you must set up a a PID using these parameters....
OBD2 Mode and PID: 222201
Long Name: Transmission Temp F
Short Name: ATF Temp
Minimum value: -40
Maximum value: 300
Scale factor: x1
Equation: AA*(9/5)-40
Overrides PID: "Does not override any PIDs"

Reactions: kslu_wa and ScDevon

·
Registered
846 Posts
Not sure if it works with the 9 speed transmissions yet. I've read other owners have tried but can't get it to work on the 9 speed, only on the 6 speed.

Can anyone confirm or correct me?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I've been using a ScanGauge on various vehicles since about 2005. Easily moves from one OBDII vehicle to another. Reads/clears codes and a whole lt more, including TFT. Plug-n-play. Not sure about the 9 speed.....an email to them will probably get you an answer. About $150, iirc.

Attachments

Reactions: kslu_wa

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been using a ScanGauge on various vehicles since about 2005. Easily moves from one OBDII vehicle to another. Reads/clears codes and a whole lt more, including TFT. Plug-n-play. Not sure about the 9 speed.....an email to them will probably get you an answer. About $150, iirc.
Scangage II was recommended by another person. I think Jon DZ Adventuring is using the one like it. I just confirmed on their sitee

·
Registered
840 Posts
Whichever monitor you decide to get, let us know what 9 speed temps you see, driving conditions, etc.👌

Reactions: kslu_wa
1 - 6 of 6 Posts