Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About the only good thing, is the selling/negotiating price was spot on. Everything else was a joke!

Purchased a 19 Pilot Touring from a local dealership. Purchased a pro pack that has a lot of accessories and nitrogen. Ill get to the nitrogen part later.

I finalize the deal this past Friday night. Vehicle is dirty and is in need of a detail for final delivery. We agree to pick the vehicle up the next day at 1100 and sign the paperwork. Get a loaner to take home.

Show up and I see the vehicle in the back, no one around it. Vehicle still has mud on the wheels, floormats, ect.

Meet the salesman and he says, " vehicle looks great, doesn't it". My response, yeah from 10 feet away. Sales Mgr gets involved and he is personally cleaning it. Salesman never helps! 30 minutes later, its cleaned. Go to drive off and my foot slips on the all weather floor mats. Guess who decides to put armor all on all pf the floor mats. Unreal! Salesman makes an excuse and said his top detailer is not here today.

Salesman also never filled out the inspection checklist nor the buyers guide where they pair phones, setup everything, ect. SMH again.

Get home and the tire pressure is at 4 different numbers. 35, 31, 30, 29. Hmmm, I thought nitrogen doesn't do that? Call the dealership this morning to find out if they put nitrogen cause it doesn't come from the factory like that. Service dept cant find my name in the system nor the vehicle. SMH. Service said its normal for tire pressures to fluctuate when it gets colder outside. blah blah. Again, SMH! I asked the service dept if they put nitrogen in all of the new vehicles they sell, he replies yes, its in the pro pack price. Hmmm, I question the service manager and said I dont think it has nitrogen. He says nope its in your vehicle. SMH again!

BTW, my tire caps are silver, with nitrogen, they put green caps on. Guess what my Pilot has, uhm, silver.

Get transferred to my salesman. Long story short, salesman apologizes and says come in, they will fill with nitrogen.

My overall experience was poor. The only reason why I purchased there was the great price.

Here's my question, should I be honest on the upcoming vehicle survey from Honda!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Absolutely, let em have it! The sales and service industry, as a whole, is crap these days. I don't think it'll ever get better but we can try.

By the way, really good sales and service businesses do exist but it's my opinion that they are outnumbered by the not really good ones. It's also my opinion that crappy sales and service is more apparent when there is a lack of competition (i.e. another Honda dealer nearby). Is this the case for you?

And dealing with people over the phone, especially when it's service related, is next to useless these days. Again - not always but more often that not, I end up disappointed and frustrated. If I have the opportunity to be face to face, I go for it. It's been my experience that you get much better results when the problem is in front of their face in the flesh instead of just a voice on the phone in their ear.

Vent mode, complete. Hopefully your situation doesn't get any worse. If I may ask, what would make you happier and change your mind about your poor experience in order to give them a good review/survey? Or is the hole already too deep?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had to chuckle at the PDI checklist when I bought my 2008 CR-V new. I think they went through it when it rolled off the truck, because I had the dealer install fog lamps. Battery has to be disconnected to install them. Was driving it off the lot, and my wife said "Hey, doesn't this have a clock?". Look over at the blank radio display. Try to turn the radio on, and it says "CODE". They forgot to unlock the radio and set the clock again, but I had the PDI in the packet with radio and clock checked off. I did tell them about it when they called a few days later to see how I was enjoying my new ride, suggested perhaps they should go through the PDI checklist at pre-delivery, and actually check everything before checking off.

Nitrogen still follows the ideal gas law, just as air does. Tire pressure still goes up and down proportionally with temperature, and it doesn't matter if it's 100% nitrogen or air.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You can always let Honda know..
'

I plan on letting them know. The other Honda dealer 90 miles away is just as bad.

Bottom line, they sold me a product that they didn't install (nitrogen) when they told me they did. I wonder how many other new vehicles they have done this too.

The best buying experience was when I bought a 16 Lexus ES350. Bar none, best overall experience, but you do pay for that service though. If you have ever bought a Lexus, you know what I am talking about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was also supposed to have Nitrogen in my new Pilot. It has the silver caps. You're supposed to be part of the NitroFill program and should get free "top ups" for a year or life or life of tire, not just a 1 time fill. Ask your dealer to see if they registered you.

Also, having paid for Nitrogen in my last 2 sets of tires, I'm going to tell you that there's no real practical effects of Nitrogen, so don't fret about it. The tire pressure will still fluctuate with temperature. The tires will still leak Nitrogen if it leaks air, because most leaks come from the valve stem, not the "membrane". Normal air is already 72% Nitrogen, so you're not gaining much with 100% Nitrogen. The real benefit from Nitrogen is you know the filling equipment is clean, because they have a service agreement with the NitroFill company. A lot of gas station air compressors are dirty and full of water. However, you could achieve the same effect by buying a $10 air compressor from Walmart and fill up the tires yourself.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was also supposed to have Nitrogen in my new Pilot. It has the silver caps. You're supposed to be part of the NitroFill program and should get free "top ups" for a year or life or life of tire, not just a 1 time fill. Ask your dealer to see if they registered you.

Also, having paid for Nitrogen in my last 2 sets of tires, I'm going to tell you that there's no real practical effects of Nitrogen, so don't fret about it. The tire pressure will still fluctuate with temperature. The tires will still leak Nitrogen if it leaks air, because most leaks come from the valve stem, not the "membrane". Normal air is already 72% Nitrogen, so you're not gaining much with 100% Nitrogen. The real benefit from Nitrogen is you know the filling equipment is clean, because they have a service agreement with the NitroFill company. A lot of gas station air compressors are dirty and full of water. However, you could achieve the same effect by buying a $10 air compressor from Walmart and fill up the tires yourself.
Actually normal air is 78% Nitrogen on average. Aircraft use Nitrogen in tires mainly so there is zero Oxygen in the tires which reduces the possibility and/or severeness of tire fires caused by heavy braking. Also, as Quatin stated, Nitrogen is cleaner - no water vapor or dirt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts