Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of replacing my backup cam and have come across an issue with work that was not done under a service bulletin. About 4 years ago I noticed rust at the sides of the handle of the liftgate. I spoke to my local dealership and they told me there was a service bulletin regarding this and under warranty they would replace the rusting parts with new plastic ones and have a bodyshop repair the rust and paint the liftgate. I had this done and when I got it back I noticed some discoloration of the paint around the handle, but didn't say anything about it at the time. Fast forward to last week when I removed the chrome tail piece to get at the camera and discovered that they never replaced the metal screws as they were supposed to, and now I have a 2" rust spot forming right beside one of these screws, which is also rusting. I can categorically state that the screws weren't replaced as the replacement part I got for the rear cam has the plastic screws in it and you can see the difference. Do I have any recourse against the dealership or the bodyshop? I'm likely going to sell this vehicle within the year, and I'd really like to have that rust spot fixed and painted as it is in otherwise pristine shape. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Have you brought it to their attention? When you do, provide all the receipts and documentation you can. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts