Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

I took my wife 2019 Pilot EXL this weekend to the shop to do the recall for the speedometer and camera. After the repairs my wife is telling that the backup camera is no longer beeping when an object is near. I recall it was working prior to the updates. Does anyone know how to enable the warning beep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
813 Posts
I don't recall the EX-L having parking sensors unless you paid extra for them which many people haven't done. Make sure you actually have the sensors on the back of the car. Perhaps she was talking about the rear cross traffic alert beeping. If you do have the sensors, there should be a button with the letter "P" by your left knee. That button should enable the sensors.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
My EX-L has them and there is a button on the lower dash like you said in front of your left knee.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My EX-L has them and there is a button on the lower dash like you said in front of your left knee.
I’m going to look for the button later today when she come home from work. I do recall seeing the collision and lane assist on the left side. Do you happen to have a picture of the button?

Thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I’m going to look for the button later today when she come home from work. I do recall seeing the collision and lane assist on the left side. Do you happen to have a picture of the button?

Thank you all for your help.

1603117840559.png

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wife sent me the picture. I don’t recall having bought the parking sensor. I know that when you put the car in reverse the camera turn on and you have the lane guide but if an object near the car while backing up the lane signal on the camera turns orange and you get warning beeping.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Wife sent me the picture. I don’t recall having bought the parking sensor. I know that when you put the car in reverse the camera turn on and you have the lane guide but if an object near the car while backing up the lane signal on the camera turns orange and you get warning beeping.

Hmm. Maybe your wife was hearing beeping from the rear cross traffic alert. When a car comes from either direction then it starts beeping to warn you. Maybe the camera update was to get rid of accidental alerts from the system. The only reason you should be having beeps is when a car is coming since you don't have parking sensors.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
Other than the beeping sound, if you have the parking sensor the screen should show the PIP warning flashing orange or red depending on how close the object is. There are also visible "dots" on the rear bumper which are the actual sensors. If these are not there then it's highly likely this is the rear cross traffic alert where the screen should show like an arrow pointing to where the vehicle or person is coming from.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If the accessory parking sensor kit is installed, the disable switch is located in the left rear cargo area trim panel and not in the switch panel at the driver’s left knee.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Other than the beeping sound, if you have the parking sensor the screen should show the PIP warning flashing orange or red depending on how close the object is. There are also visible "dots" on the rear bumper which are the actual sensors. If these are not there then it's highly likely this is the rear cross traffic alert where the screen should show like an arrow pointing to where the vehicle or person is coming from.
Thank you all for your help and suggestions. Jay was right about the rear cross traffic alert. The vehicle didn’t have the parking assist. I guess the update cause the system to change the sensitivity of nearby objects.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Is CTM disabled? Check Settings -> Camera -> Rear Camera -> CTM -> ON/OFF.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts