Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my passenger side 2006 honda pilot blend door actuator off for cleaning (the one under the passenger footwell with the white arm on it) , since it was making the famous clunking sound when I changed the temp. I marked the internal white gear before taking it apart, marked the outside arm position, wiped it down, put some new grease on the gears and on the electronic reader wheel piece, put it back together. I didn't turn the temperature to LOW or anything before taking it apart from under the dash, I'm thinking I should have? The car now doesn't like adjusting the AC accurately, at around 68 degrees it's comforable, at like 70 degrees during a hot day, it feels like it's turning the heat on. The front feels like it has the heat on, and the rear unit is pumping super cold air.

What's the process for recalibrating the blend actuator? I can't find it anywhere on the forums or on google. The car worked PERFECT temperature wise before stupid me took it apart to clean it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello I am new here with an '04 pilot. I just worked on my mode actuator to fix it. Neither the mode nor the air mix actuator you worked should need a calibration. When you operate the hvac, it should drive to the spot set by the dial since the feedback on voltage read through the connector pins and corresponding dial setting.

If you want ensure position to check max cold/ max hot, the large white gear has a post on the top side opposite the copper electrical traces to engage the stop on the black housing piece at each extreme max hot/max cold. The actuator has the 7 pins, placing +12v battery power on pin 1 and ground on pin 2 will drive the actuator to max cold. placing +12v battery power on pin 2 and ground pin 1 will drive it to max hot. Pin 1 is the left most pin if you hold the actuator with the D-half shaft stud facing down and looking into the actuator connector. Pin 7 would be the right most pin.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As an update, the reason why the temperature was off was because (on the blend actuator) I didn’t line the white arm post up on the top of the actuator with the white slotted piece under the dash correctly. This has to be aligned before the 3 bolts are put in and then the metal arm can be attached. Once I took it off and reattached it, the front and rear temperatures match.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts