Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or why you don't change lanes at speed on a slush covered road, Notice this person wasn't driving a Pilot Lol

I saw this guy coming up weaving in and out of three lanes, I was just waiting for him to loose. He got real lucky he didn't hit the concrete or anyone else. Rt 93 in New Hampshire southbound about 20 miles north of Manchester

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Reason #57

Got a $300 (+ fees) ticket for an alleged "move over" violation. Cop says one thing. Bring printout of statute and dashcam pics which say another thing to court.

Case dismissed.

·
Banned
379 Posts
I'm on 93 in NH once in a while myself. Too many morons flying up and down. Especially those guys South of us!! People need to realize AWD or 4wd don't really work well on ice or slush. You're not invincible because you have an AWD vehicle!!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Pretty good recovery though he braked which you aren't supposed to do in that scenario. I'm guessing it was more traction control than driver skill.

And this is why I keep telling my wife it's worth the money to have them installed.

Reactions: FASTFJR

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ill never drive a car without a dashcam. Even rentals I have one I can install quickly. Now I have to pull my hardwired front and rear one out of my pilot though... Unless I sell it with it and get a new one hmm
Had a case where the cop said I went through the red light. I opened my app and showed I didn't.. No ticket!

·
Registered
77 Posts
baffles me how people don't know how to drive in snow - especially in new england

"but i have a jeep 4x4" - yeah ok

what dashcams do you guys use??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ill never drive a car without a dashcam. Even rentals I have one I can install quickly. Now I have to pull my hardwired front and rear one out of my pilot though... Unless I sell it with it and get a new one hmm
Had a case where the cop said I went through the red light. I opened my app and showed I didn't.. No ticket!
I bought a Garmin Drive Assist 51 GPS. It has a dash cam and the video it takes is very good quality. I use a friction mount and it sits on my dash just in front of the steering wheel. The friction mount is flat and it hasn't moved since I started using it early in 2019. I can easily unplug it and use in another vehicle, which is one reason I bought it.

It also has a lane keeping alarm which I turned off as it was not consistent. It has a warning for red light cameras coming up, speed limit reductions and school zones. It has some very good feature for the price. It was a real bargain for $178.99.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought a Garmin Drive Assist 51 GPS. It has a dash cam and the video it takes is very good quality. I use a friction mount and it sits on my dash just in front of the steering wheel. The friction mount is flat and it hasn't moved since I started using it early in 2019. I can easily unplug it and use in another vehicle, which is one reason I bought it.

It also has a lane keeping alarm which I turned off as it was not consistent. It has a warning for red light cameras coming up, speed limit reductions and school zones. It has some very good feature for the price. It was a real bargain for $178.99.
I went thru two Garmin 55 dash cams, both died within 4-5 months of purchase. I gave up on Garmin after they refunded me all my money. My 2019 Pilot has Apple Car Play. I love using the WAZE. I had my Garmin GPS with traffic running on top of my dash and WAZE on the screen from my phone. The waze app was better and shorter on directions over the 480 mile drive

·
Registered
731 Posts
I've been using this one for about 18 months now, first in an Equinox which I turned in at the end of a lease. I now have this in the Pilot and have had no problems. Good picture and video, and out of the way so you forget it is even there. I have it mounted just to the left and kind of behind the rear-view mirror.

Viofo A119 Dash Camera

1 - 13 of 13 Posts