Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying a Pilot and I test drove one already. Does anybody know how the rear view camera works?

·
Registered
288 Posts
We don't have ours yet, but from what I read, it works through the navigation screen and turns on when you put the transmission in reverse. There is a posting out there that instructs you on how to modify the system to work via an external switch. Do a search and you should come up with something. I am sure there is another member out there who can tell you more about the quality of the picture and details of how it actually works. Anyone listening?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just got ours about 4 days ago!! If you have the NAV system anytime you put the car in reverse the camera comes on and gives a panoramic view of the back. My wife loves it!! We have a lot of small children in the neighborhood and this comes in handy!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've got the camera and it's great! It's already kept me from running into a bike that the backup sensors did not detect.

Plus it's cool.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
When it is dark outside, can you see anything on the monitor when you back up?

·
Registered
123 Posts
wwong said:
When it is dark outside, can you see anything on the monitor when you back up?
Yes . There is a back light which lightens the area behind you . And you et a clear picture of wha is behind . I find it handy . It worth it even if you save one hit .:)

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've had the camera for many months now. It really is a plus - I got it for safety reasons, but I love the way it really helps for parking on city streets. When backing up you can see your rear bumper in the camera and the distance to the car in the next space. It allows you back up with confidence.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really love the rear view camera, I find it quite helpful. Consumer reports just did a write up about blind spots and SUV's - and the rear view camera is the way to go to eliminate them. I had a flat repaired at an STS Tire Ctr, and the mechanic there couldnt rave about it enough.

·
Registered
173 Posts
We have the camera, wired a bit differently, so it comes on when in reverse like they all do, plus can be turned on with or without the back up lights, with a tiny, nearly invisable, toggle switch. (There are instructions in another thread) We got it for centering the boat trailer & it comes in handy to check the steadiness of the towing.

It has a simulated infared effect at night. It's not brightly colored. Almost black & white, reds & vivid colors do show up though. It is a wide angle camera, so the picture is slightly distorted & the camera is NOT centered.

Parking & leaving a parking place is more of a breeze with it, too. We haven't found anything negative about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts