Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning trying to leave work we got hit with an ice storm. I was scraping off my car and lightly tugged on my rear wiper. Now it doesn't touch the glass or properly reat in its holder. It still works and doesn't make any noises. I wanna try and fix this before hubby finds out

·
Registered
128 Posts
There may be ice in the hinge and/or wiper blade bracket. I've had it happen to me before when I lived up north. Once it warms up enough to thaw it should be fine.

·
Registered
484 Posts
That wiper is spring-loaded to push it against the glass, and you ARE supposed to be able to pull it back for cleaning/blade replacement. If it did not return all way back to its proper position, there might be something (a chunk of ice, a twig, etc) lodged in the mechanism. Pull the wiper arm back - I believe it should be able to go almost 90 degrees out - and check the spring and around it for something that might block it. Then you should be able to snap it back in place.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
The arm is slightly bent just bend it lightly back to the original position I do this all the time with the bosses pilot . Just take a look to see if that’s the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts