Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums and can't find anyone who has asked this question. Is there a way to stop the rear wiper from coming on when I put my Pilot in reverse? I wouldn't mind it doing a wipe or two but most of the time it is wiping a dry window.
Thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
It should only automatically wipe the rear window when you put it in reverse and the front wiper is on (intermittent or continuous)

With that in mind, if you want to be sure that it doesn't wipe the back window in reverse, just turn the front wipers off before you put it in reverse. If it's wiping the rear window when the front wipers aren't on, then something is going wrong and you should talk to your dealer.

I don't believe there's any other way to defeat this behavior, if that's what you're asking. You'll just have to turn the front wipers off before putting it in reverse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. It is only when the front wipers are on. Guess I'll have to live with it or turn off the front wipers when backing up. I was hoping there was a wire I could bypass. Oh well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Another ingenious way that Honda came up with to force you to use your rear wiper. I don't ever want to use my rear wiper (cause invariably they will go bad, etc.)...but Honda decides it should turn on when I go in reverse and my front wipers are on...come on Honda, give me the option to TURN OFF this ridiculous operation!!!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Another ingenious way that Honda came up with to force you to use your rear wiper. I don't ever want to use my rear wiper (cause invariably they will go bad, etc.)...but Honda decides it should turn on when I go in reverse and my front wipers are on...come on Honda, give me the option to TURN OFF this ridiculous operation!!!
Rubber blades will eventually deteriorate due to environmental factors whether or not they are used.....:31:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I respect your opinion but respectfully disagree that this is a "ridiculous operation".

It helps one see through the back window when backing up in the rain or snow. How is this a "ridiculous operation"?

A new refill from Honda only costs 6 dollars if you have to replace it.

I also like the front wiper feature that gives you an extra wipe from the front wipers when you take your foot off the brake.

Ingenious yes...ridiculous no. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I respect your opinion but respectfully disagree that this is a "ridiculous operation".

It helps one see through the back window when backing up in the rain or snow. How is this a "ridiculous operation"?

A new refill from Honda only costs 6 dollars if you have to replace it.

I also like the front wiper feature that gives you an extra wipe from the front wipers when you take your foot off the brake.

Ingenious yes...ridiculous no. :)
Just chiming in.
Until you have a bicycle rack on the back and the rear wiper engages, hits it and breaks the arm off.....completely ingenious....

·
Registered
711 Posts
I quite like that our Pilot does this feature, I was pretty impressed by the thoughtful idea.

RE: the Bike rack... that is pretty unfortunate, I guess you'd have to disconnect the wiring harness for the rear wiper so it never operates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts