Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I ran out of wiper fluid and filled the reservoir but the rear wiper is getting no fluid. Any ideas on how to fix this??

I'm a competent DIYer and look forward to fixing it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question - I was thinking that too at first. But no, Over the course of a few weeks (with temps in the 80s some of the time) the rear wiper fluid spray is not happening. Where does it even come from? I can't figure the thing out. It was pretty basic on my old cars, but this thing has everything hidden (which looks great, but is a pain to find).

·
Administrator
15,417 Posts
Front and rear draw from the same bottle up front. With engine off, but ignition on, try to spray the rear window. Do you hear the motor?

·
Registered
106 Posts
It may be hard to check this but the line may be crimed somewhere alng the route.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front and rear draw from the same bottle up front. With engine off, but ignition on, try to spray the rear window. Do you hear the motor?
Tried it - pump motor and wiper motor make noise... no fluid.

I guess that means it is an issue in the line? How the crap am I gonna find that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just went through the same issue with the fronts. I checked the line and it was all good, the pump/motor sounded weird. I went to the dealership who quoted me like 200$ for job. I asked the price of a new motor/pump and it was like 20$. THey tried to scare me and say I had to pull the front bumper to access the motor, which was BS. I poped the old motor out and while I was in there there is a rubber gasket where the motor sits in the reservoir, I pulled it out and stuck a pen in to stop it all from leaking and discovered a screen on the underside of it which was totally clogged with a snot-like gunk, old fluid I guess. I gave it a clean, put in the new motor and all was good as new. Super easy job. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacing the front or rear washer pump

After reading all the information I could stating that you had to remove the washer fluid reservoir from the vehicle. I decided to just look at how the pump was attached and discovered that the pump was just pushed into the filter/grommet assembly which is attached to the reservoir. On the 2009 Pilot this is a simple fix and doesn't require you to remove the reservoir or bumper.

1) Remove the electrical connection by depressing the tab and pulling slightly.
2) Remove the washer fluid line. The lines are held on with "c" clamps, so turn the clamp 90 degrees and pull line from pump.
3) Simply grab the pump and wiggle back and forth while pulling up away from the hole where its mounted. This hole also has a grommet (it's called a filter according to the Honda packaging), remove and replace as well since the grommet serves as the seal between the pump and the reservoir.

Reassembly:

1) Place the grommet in the pump hole making sure it sits flush.
2) Firmly slide the pump through the grommet assembly.
3) Reattach the line and rotate the clamp back into position making sure it locks.
4) Reattach the Electrical connector.

I filled my reservoir about a quarter full to test the pump and repair.

By doing this myself I saved about 150.00 dollars.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine had the elbow broken at the rear door. Seems the guy at the carwash was not careful enough...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts