Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2011 Pilot LX. Yesterday I noticed that no wiper fluid was coming out of the back nozzle then the low fluid light came on. I went and got some fluid and started filling it up when I felt water splashing around my feet. Turns out the hose for the rear washer had come off the nipple on the pump so the fluid was just pouring out from under the front of the car.
I found the connection and put it back on, but noticed that the small black clip that holds it on is missing. I tried to zip tie it but it still leaks and when I run the washer, it sprays.
Any idea where I can find a clip? Do I need to buy an entirely new pump to get that clip? I called my local dealer's parts dept and was told I had to buy the entire pump, but looking them up online, I see no reference to the clip that holds the hose on.
Please see the attached photo. The red circled hose on the bottom is the front washer, the one on the top with the zip tie is the rear washer hose.
Anyone has any idea of a better solution? Will a standard hose clamp work? It almost seems like the clip seals the connection somehow...

Thanks for any help...
Chris

View attachment 131845

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Since the PIC is MIA ..could a small hose clamp work in that situation ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts