Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine do, and I thought that was odd considering that most Honda rear windows do not-

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mine go all the way down. Like you, I was pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
MG Pilot said:
Mine do, and I thought that was odd considering that most Honda rear windows do not-
so do mine...and everyone elses...SUV door shapes are different from cars so the desing incorporated windows going down fully

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
If I remember correctly, the MDX's rear windows do not go all the way down. Chalk up another one for the Pilot. :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Those can't go all the way down was restricted by door space. Some Mercedes even has weird glass movement (not just vertical up and down) to accommodate as much glass into door. This is another good thing about pilot's amply space.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yes, they go all the way down.

Many years ago, car makers started making rear windows that didn't go all the way down because as the cars got smaller, they designed the back doors with a cut-out that went around the rear wheel. This limited space inside the door so that there wasn't room for the window to go all the way down. Many people wrongly assumed that this was a new safety feature to prevent kids from falling out of the windows. That was never the case, but I believe that many manufacturers (all of them?) allowed this myth to go un-refuted, turning a negative into a positive for them.

If you're worried about kids falling out, do two things - belt them in (as they should be anyway), and use the on/off switch on the driver's door to keep them from lowering the windows more than you'd like.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
MG Pilot said:
What, my CR-V and Pilot both go all the way down.

The old line about it being a safety feature was just auto salesperson BS! :2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts