Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My EX rear window washer shoots the cleaning fluid in a straight, stream-like manner, as opposed to the spray-like manner I get on the front window. Basically the fluid hits one spot on the rear window and I have to rely on my wiper to spread it around. Is this normal or is my rear window washer not functioning correctly? If it is normal, this system doesn't seem to be as effective or efficient as a sprayer.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Unfortunately, it's the way the washer is designed. It would be nice if it sprayed evenly like the front washers.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Same here

Noticed that also.
Not a great system.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wish....

I have a button inside the cabin, so that I can turn 'the rear window washer shoots the cleaning fluid in a straight, stream-like manner, onto the car that tail-gating me.:rolleyes:

Just kidding.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Revenge

:2: You are a Genuis.....turn the rear fluid dispenser around....and wa-la.....instant anti-tailgating water gun.....I am going to do it tonight....a Pilot after market modification. HEHEHEHEH. :14: to those that tailgate me!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PChiu -- if you're not interested in getting your rear window clean, you can adjust the sprayer (streamer?) -- with a straight pin, paper clip or similar object -- so that it shoots backwards onto whatever or whomever is back there.

Maybe this was Honda's intent all along. We can replace the cleaning fluid with oil or some other substance and use it to foil our evil pursuers -- a la James Bond. :cool:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
OK, now I have to tell

Remember the old "Carb and Intake Cleaner" that you would pour in teh carb while the engine was running, and would make all sorts of white smoke out the tail pipe.
Well a can of that, a small electric fuel pump, and a few hoses later.
Ahhhh, to be back in highschool again :2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts