Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ours just kind of pisses out in a stream directly down from the nozzle.

How are they suppose to work??

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
That's the way it's supposed to work. Mine works fine. When I owned a Highlander and frequented that board, a lot of posters complained about the rear washer, too.

It had an advantage of two nozzle holes in the washer spout, but didn't work any better or worse than the Pilot's. I guess the thinking is that at speeds above 30 mph or so, the air turbulence back their would render a mist from the washer spout totally ineffective.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
jay said:
I guess the thinking is that at speeds above 30 mph or so, the air turbulence back their would render a mist from the washer spout totally ineffective.
...plus you dont want it spraying on the car behind you....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK thanks, just wanted to be sure it was normal. It's more like a 90 y/o pee pee, you know, it just like it's falling out of the tube with little pressure behind it and then you have to go down a bumpy road to be sure everything is out of it :p

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm pretty sure mine comes out in an fan shaped spray. I'm sure I would have noticed a trickle and made the dealer "fix" it.

·
Registered
920 Posts
my3kids said:
I'm pretty sure mine comes out in an fan shaped spray. I'm sure I would have noticed a trickle and made the dealer "fix" it.
You'd better ck again. It does not come out in a fan shape, unless your Pilot is different than ours-

·
Registered
415 Posts
my3kids said:
You're not doing a mod on your pilot and decided to start with the something small like the nozzle, are you?:2:

Sorry, just being a smart ass today:bootyshak

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think the reason Honda make a stream instead of spray is want to make sure all water get on your rear window rather than become a mist blow away by fast moving air.
On the other hand, front washier mist spray also make sure most water get on your windshields. Did you ever got pissed by the car ahead you with an aiming too high washier?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yep, a narrow fan shape. Definately not a weak stream like the origional poster reported. I just tested it again in my driveway. I'll stand by what I said....if it looked like a trickle, I'd make the dealer fix it. Maybe mine is the "wrong" one since it doesn't trickle. It is a very strong spray. I won't let the service dep't alter it though. It's great.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
my3kids said:
Yep, a narrow fan shape. Definately not a weak stream like the origional poster reported. I just tested it again in my driveway. I'll stand by what I said....if it looked like a trickle, I'd make the dealer fix it. Maybe mine is the "wrong" one since it doesn't trickle. It is a very strong spray. I won't let the service dep't alter it though. It's great.
No use arguing the semantics of trickle versus fan, but Brew wasn't the first one to use the term trickle, I think you were. Brew used the term stream, without the qualifier "weak," as well.

·
Registered
461 Posts
jay: You are right he didn't say "weak." He said "like it's falling out of the tube with little pressure behind it." To me, that means "weak," but whatever......

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
my3kids said:
Mine's a "fan" shape too. More of a spray, definitely notpissing out in a stream like Brew described. Maybe there were different nozzles used on some Pilots. :confused:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Sage said:

Mine's a "fan" shape too. More of a spray, definitely notpissing out in a stream like Brew described. Maybe there were different nozzles used on some Pilots. :confused:
mine is a forceful piss;) ....maybe someone can start a poll...piss or fan !!!:rolleyes: :mad:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ramirami said:

mine is a forceful piss;) ....maybe someone can start a poll...piss or fan !!!:rolleyes: :mad:
Hey Brew !

Good idea here... Wanna start the poll?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
ramirami said:

Don't forget trickle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea, lets do a poll. Who's allowed to post a poll.

Rear Window sprayer nozzle, does it come out like.

A fan shape spray--

An under 20 y/o piss stream---

A 20 to 30 y/o piss stream---

A 30 to 60 y/o piss stream---

A 60 and above piss stream with prostate problems--

I think this can relate to females as well as males so they don't feel left out.
;)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
anyone can start a poll.....just start a new thread and click this is a poll....

remmebr to attach this picture....;)

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Go vote

Ok go vote, it's your right!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts