Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I pull up on either of the rear window switches they will sit in the up position when closing the rear windows from the drivers window console. I can take my finger off and they stay in the up position while the window is closing and even once the window is closed.
Do I have a problem?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
WHich one of your kids either spilled sticky soda in them, or yanked up on them too hard? (Just my guess)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought so, it's more than a problem with a couple of kids playing in the car.
You know I bought this thing because I didn't want to deal with the Explorer problems. I have had more problems in the past 3 monthswith this rattle trap that over the past 4 years with my explorer.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Well... That's not good. :(

How 'bout that mouse??? :confused:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh yes the mouse, I think he hated the quality of sound coming from those K-mart speakers and jumped back into the Acura.
Seriously, haven't caught 'im but I looked carefully under the hood and wonder if he is sneaking up the front window pillars. Looks like it's possible from under the hood. He was last heard scurrying in the headliner.
Next stop Disney, maybe he'll see Minny and jump out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
lamuncha said:
If I pull up on either of the rear window switches they will sit in the up position when closing the rear windows from the drivers window console. I can take my finger off and they stay in the up position while the window is closing and even once the window is closed.
Do I have a problem?
I had the same problem with one of the switches for the rear windows as well (like you say it is the switch at the drivers seat not the one at the window in the back). It was like that for about one week and then it stopped. I found that if I just played with it for a while, what ever it is that is causing it to stick in the up possition gets worn off. I think it is just a bit of extra plastic on the switch part that will get cleaned off with a bit of use. I have not had the problem since the first week and everything else is just great.

I am sorry that you are having problems with this beautiful vehicle. I can not say enough good things about the way this thing is put together. Sure, there are a few "rough edges" but there is no question in my mind that these are all out weighed by the fact that it is just a well thought out SUV and there is nothing on the road that is like it (IMHO of course)! I have put on over 5000 km (3100+ miles) in two months and have loved every inch that it has driven.

Hope your feelings change soon. Enjoy the ride as much as you can!

Happy Trails, Eh!
Dano from the Great White North!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same switch sticking up when pulling the Right side Passenger door up.
will the switches be covered under warranty???

·
Registered
592 Posts
Black_Hawk said:
I have the same switch sticking up when pulling the Right side Passenger door up.
will the switches be covered under warranty???
They should be covered under warrnaty. Get it checked (and replaced if necessary) from a dealer.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not only that, but...

when you take it to the dealer the switches will no longer stick (cannot duplicate customer problem). Then you will not have to worry about them any longer.:cool:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Not only that, but...

copilot said:
when you take it to the dealer the switches will no longer stick (cannot duplicate customer problem). Then you will not have to worry about them any longer.:cool:
Now ain't that the truth! :4:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I never thought of the duplicating the customer complaint thing. I'll bet if I call now and make an appointment, by the time I get out of work it will be fine.
Thank you

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
lamuncha

Just curious; and not to dwell;
What are your several issues?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have fixed an appointment with the dealer for fixing my Window Switch problem. And, also Fixing my Alignment/ Steering Wheel not straight issue.

Wish me Luck!!! Will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Window Switches

I had the same problem and fixed it myself. I noticed it the night we got back from the dealership. Here's what you do. grab the button and press down, and in, quite firmly, then try the button again. Do this repeatedly till it doesn't stick no matter what you do. Don't really worry about pressing to hard(within reason), because I used a fair amount of pressure 2-3 times and it was fixed. They just didn't get them pressed on all the way at the factory. Here's a picture. I don't know if it will help, but hopefully it will.

Chet

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
switch

I appreciate the info. Going to try it this AM. I really don't like to take anything back to the dealer (reason I bought the honda) because anything can happen. Scratches, dings, you know the drill.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
switches

I tried the push thing and it seemed make things a bit better but they still stick.
Guess it has to go in. Hate to do that. You never know what may happen. "Here's you Pilot back sir with the new tranmission and engine you requested..........."

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts