Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to replace the left rear regulator on my 2006 Pilot. I have the door panel off and following online video instructions. They say to lift the window so you can remove the two bolts. Sounds easy enough, but something is stopping me from lifting it more than a few inches. As I lift it, it comes to abrupt stop; I can’t find what is stopping it. Anyone know what I need to do to clear it?
TIA

·
Registered
74 Posts
Power windows? The window is fastened to the regulator so you have to run the window up
or down using the motor. If the regulator has failed so it will not go up or down you have to get creative to get the bolts out. It has been a while since I have done the back one but I think I was able to get a ratcheting wrench in the door to get the bolts out without getting the bolts lined up with the holes so
I could use a ratchet. At least I believe that is how I did it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T
Power windows? The window is fastened to the regulator so you have to run the window up
or down using the motor. If the regulator has failed so it will not go up or down you have to get creative to get the bolts out. It has been a while since I have done the back one but I think I was able to get a ratcheting wrench in the door to get the bolts out without getting the bolts lined up with the holes so
thanks! All of the video show that it is easy to push up that far. It is easy until something stops it. Just can’t see what it is hitting. I may try to get to the bolts as you describe if I can’t find the problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the idea! I was able to use a ratcheting 10mm box wrench to remove the screws. After that all went well. Now waiting in delivery of new regulator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts