Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced the issue with the rear window completely down at ~40mph or more creating a very noticible sound thats similar to the beat of helicopter blades. The only way this seems to be able to be defeated is to lower another window to balance the air pressure in the car... The sound can get very intense if the no other windows are lowered.:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
i've read other members on here talk about this. i may be wrong on this as far as the Pilot is concerned (haven't taken delivery yet), but it's something that is perfectly normal.

I'm no science expert, but it has to do with the air pressure and all it is is air buffeting around. lowering a front window will smooth the air. happens in my soon to be ex-protege5 and my other car.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yes this seems to happen to every Pilot with the rear windows down.. Normal to this SUV but sounds like most people think it is excessive. I don't think there will be a fix until Honda designs the Pilot differently..

rob

·
Registered
804 Posts
I think its just the laws of physics. It actually happens on a lot of cars. 1314 is right, just open another window to equalize.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It would be nice if the third row side windows opened at the back end in van style. That way the air would pass right through the vehicle and there would be no roar. Also if they had some sort of one-way vent in the rear pillars it would accomplish the same thing.

As it is it is still a great way to shut-up the kids if they are arguing. I took someone's advice on this forum and tried it. It works great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
if you want to hear ear drum bursting,horrible sound then go take the highlander for a test drive,lower only the rear windows down and go over 40 mph......my wife was yelling at me to roll them up...the whole truck was shaking........we eliminated the highlander from our choices because we couldnt see driving 8 years with a problem like that.,...so then we test drove the pilot....i told my wife" ok lets do the rear window test in the pilot now"....went over 40 mph and much quieter...not even an issue for us.......

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Tried my wifes Jimmy today, it did the same thing..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts