Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
You could just throw your bicycle in the back of the Pilot and pedal back home. 馃
Sure, on a nice spring or fall day - but not during the peak of summer, winter or when it rains.
Half a century ago, my Dad used a local independent shop for auto repairs and the shop owner would drive you back and forth in your car.
At the local independent shops I've been to, the owner appears to just sit at a desk all day long.

Registered
Sure, on a nice spring or fall day - but not during the peak of summer, winter or when it rains.
Half a century ago, my Dad used a local independent shop for auto repairs and the shop owner would drive you back and forth in your car.
At the local independent shops I've been to, the owner appears to just sit at a desk all day long.
Ya, weather could be a factor.
I know of one place here in my little town that would give you a ride. I'd normally just call the Mrs or family to come get me if I needed transportation. I don't even own a bike anymore. That's terrible.

Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That鈥檚 t
That鈥檚 how they all are now. I鈥檒l bet after a few shops got sued for trivial things, or accidents with customers involved they stopped voluntarily transporting customers. The good ole days with gestures like that weren鈥檛 worth the people taking advantage of it. That鈥檚 just my opinion, not based on any evidence. But it would make sense. That鈥檚 why there are 鈥渨arning: coffee is hot鈥 on your morning cup of joe. Because someone 鈥渄idn鈥檛 know it was hot鈥 and 鈥渁ccidentally鈥 burned themselves and sued for a million bucks. Maybe I鈥檓 just ranting at this point. 馃槀

Registered
2017 EX-L, rack, boards, hitch 2007 Ex-L Navi, rack, boards, hitch 2016 CR-V, rack
Reactions: plplplpl

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.

watching a real mechanic (south main auto) do the repair.
If I had a job that nasty to do, I would totally drive down to South Main Auto.

And look what just showed up 2 days late!
Yeah, but you got an awesome fridge magnet. :)

getting the local independent shop to provide me with a ride was next to impossible.
I have done that. I have also walked-
For my walk home, always uphill, it was usually freezing rain falling on top of the 3 feet of snow already there.

That鈥檚 how they all are now. I鈥檒l bet after a few shops got sued for trivial things, or accidents with customers involved they stopped voluntarily transporting customers. The good ole days with gestures like that weren鈥檛 worth the people taking advantage of it. That鈥檚 just my opinion, not based on any evidence. But it would make sense. That鈥檚 why there are 鈥渨arning: coffee is hot鈥 on your morning cup of joe. Because someone 鈥渄idn鈥檛 know it was hot鈥 and 鈥渁ccidentally鈥 burned themselves and sued for a million bucks. Maybe I鈥檓 just ranting at this point. 馃槀
It happened.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts