Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I used to have an 05 Pilot with an auto dimming rear view mirror and now I have an 08 Pilot with a manual adjusting rear view mirror. Is there any way to swap out the manual mirror for an auto adjusting one? I would have to buy one as the 05 was totaled. Has anyone done this before with an OEM or non OEM mirror?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
That's on my to-do-list. There is a special way to remove the basic mirror on the '04 Pilot mirror by twisting it off. Auto dim mirrors for the Honda are a bit more and may need a special part to mount. I have the auto dim mirror pdf somewhere. I have installed auto-dim mirrors on my '05 Tundra and the removal was simple and I was able to use a Nissan auto dim mirror. If I ever get my Pilot windshield replaced I'm going to have the windshield installer use the Toyota mirror windshield mount button.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,850 Posts
There is a special way to remove the basic mirror on the '04 Pilot mirror by twisting it off.
Start at the bottom of p. 6 of the document I've attached.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.