Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought new tires and had it aligned & was told that the rear toe was frozen on both sides. I was surprised to hear that since it was aligned only 5 months ago without issue. I guess the harsh winter here in Vermont froze them up. Well my mechanic tried to free them up without success since adding heat to them would ruin the lower control arm bushing. He said pulling them would require new bushings. At first I was informed that I had to purchase the entire control arm for both sides (52350-S9V-A00 & 52350-S9V-A00). After some google searches I found one company that makes the bushing alone. It is the FEBEST HAB-037. I found it on eBay and Amazon. At the time of this posting it is $22.95 each with free shipping. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
2007 EX-L 219K
16 Posts
Rear Lower Control Arm Bushing
Thank you for this post. I'm in the process of rejuvenating my suspension (07 AWD 219k) and wondered about this bushing and bolt. Normally I'm in favor of replacing the whole control arm, as some would in the front but at $240 or so per ea rear arm I'd like to try just the bushing. How difficult was it to replace that bushing?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
Hello, my New England neighbors. :)

Save yourselves some grief and replace the whole control arm.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
OP hasn't been back on this thread in over a year.
Wonder how it went?

Reactions: LandORust

·
Registered
2007 EX-L 219K
16 Posts
Hello, my New England neighbors. :)

Save yourselves some grief and replace the whole control arm.
I agree, if the need arises it's the whole lower control arm! Other than waiting for the alignment tech to say "no can do" is there a visible or other way to know the likelihood of having to change the lower arms?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
  • Wiggle when you grasp and shake the wheels at 3 and 6 o'clock, or at 12 and 6 o'clock?
  • Cracked bushings?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts