Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the pilot in for an alignment and the rear toe bolts were seized in the bushing. I have -.5° toe on each side.

My question is if I replace the control arm that is closest to the front with an adjustable type will that adjust the toe. The ebay listing on this part is somewhat confusing.

I already have the adjustable camber arms installed.

Or if anyone has ideas on how to get those bolts unseized. It seems easier to replace with an adjustable arm if I can instead of cutting out the seized bolts.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
Haha watched the same video. I have been hitting it daily with liquid wrench for the past week but still no such luck.
Have you tried some percussive maintenance afterwards? E.g. hit it (or a wrench attached to it) with a rubber mallet?

What about tightening it slightly, and then loosening it method?

I would recommend a Torch, however as that area is now drenched in flammable fluid would advise against it for a couple days to give it time to dry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried some percussive maintenance afterwards? E.g. hit it (or a wrench attached to it) with a rubber mallet?

What about tightening it slightly, and then loosening it method?

I would recommend a Torch, however as that area is now drenched in flammable fluid would advise against it for a couple days to give it time to dry.
I have indeed. Even put an impact on it. The nut on the back will thread on and off easily its just the bolt that is seized in the bushing. Unfortunately the bushing absorbs most of the impact.

I'm trying to avoid flame but I just might soon enough. I just don't want to melt the bushing and have to cut it out.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
The nut on the back will thread on and off easily its just the bolt that is seized in the bushing. Unfortunately the bushing absorbs most of the impact.
If the nut is off, the bolt should be free to be removed. Are you able to get the tip of a flathead screwdriver under the head of the bolt at all? Could use a rubber mallet and it as essentially a prybar. Or I would think you'd be able to hammer on the exposed end of the bolt and pop it loose. Is the suspension loaded or unloaded when you are trying to remove it?

Got any pictures you can share of the problematic component & bolt?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts