Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a camper trailer and need help leveling the rear suspension on my Pilot. I can’t seem to find air bags, air shocks, or even basic replacement shocks for that matter. Has anyone had any luck finding rear suspension help?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm not sure any of those are available for the 3rd gen Pilot. At least, I haven't seen anyone discuss using them. Some use a WDH to level things up, but the owner's says to exercise caution since they can be easily improperly installed.

Check out the Towing subforum for more on-topic info: Towing | Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums (piloteers.org)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I recently purchased a camper trailer and need help leveling the rear suspension on my Pilot. I can’t seem to find air bags, air shocks, or even basic replacement shocks for that matter. Has anyone had any luck finding rear suspension help?
Some Piloteers have had some success with the Firestone brand of air bags for the rear springs. Was not designed for the Pilot but the dimensions checked out and some mods to make it work. Check out the specs and size of the bags to see if they work for your Pilot.

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
I use this brand on my gmc truck, and they work well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Have you tried a weight distribution hitch? Would help keep some of the weight on the front axle. I use the Equal-i-zer brand 10k kit on my Pilot.

In combination with the WDH, you can get a 1" lift kit for the rear from Traxda.

I wanted to add, one forum member here retrofitted coil overs in the rear but when I contacted their business I never got a response back. They needed to mill an adapter to mate it to the Honda top mounting plate.

I tow a Geo Pro 19BH which has a hitch weight of 450lbs loaded. I have not put it on the scales yet but dry as shipped from Forest River is 3200lbs. I am guessing I am at about 4000lbs loaded. My rear end is about 1" higher than the front which works out nicely for towing. With the WDH it sits level with the front end not rising at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts