Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the drivers side, my third row seat catches the storage lid when I pull it back to the upright position. I have to push down on the seatback to help it clear the storage lid. Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I do

My first Pilot did not have this problem, but no. 2 does. I have had the back right seat out several times searching for the dreaded Pilot rear suspension rattle. I am sorry to say that I have not fully investigated why the back of the seat seems down a little farther that the other side. When reinstalling the seat (four bolts each side on the rear and one each side on the front) I made sure the seat was as far foward as the bolts would allow. This increased the clearance and improved the situation. To get to the rear bolts (15MM wrench if my memory serves me well) remove the plastic caps on the front legs and then remove the two front bolts. The bottom of the seat folds up and gives full access to the rear bolts. This process is really necessary for anyone taking off the side panel. Beware. The seat bottom will not stay up by itself and will fall on your head while you are working with the rear bolts. I have a mark on my forehead to prove it. BPILOT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts